HTTP ERROR: 404 /sipxconfig/app Not Found RequestURI=/sipxconfig/app on 14.04 Update 4

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 1:01:27 PM3/16/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com
I built a new SipXcom 14.04 Update 4 system on Thursday, restored a customer 4.6 system to that system and then made changes (dialplan, new trunk, etc).

I re-started that system this morning - keep getting this error in my browser.

HTTP ERROR: 404

/sipxconfig/app Not Found

RequestURI=/sipxconfig/app

System was built using centos minimal and then yum install sipxcom.

Is there a quick list of things to check/reset to work around this issue? Sipxconfig.log does appear to show any messages, mongod daemon is running as are all sipx services.

Any guidance appreciated.

Peter

George Niculae

Mar 16, 2015, 1:03:35 PM3/16/15
to pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com

Tommy Laino

Mar 16, 2015, 1:12:09 PM3/16/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, pmkr...@gmail.com
Peter,
Had a similar situation after upgrading to the same release. I restarted sipxconfig and that fixed it.

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 1:26:32 PM3/16/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, pmkr...@gmail.com
Thanks George and Tommy for the quick responses. Restarting sipxconfig, sipxecs services, or rebooting server did not resolve issue. There is not quoted text in the browser - just what is shown in the initial post.

I did find this message in the sipxconfig.log while looking at it more closely ... this is followed by unknown source messages.

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 11 i
n XML document from URL [jar:file:/usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/sip
Xcom.jar!/sipxplugin2.beans.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAX
ParseException; lineNumber: 11; columnNumber: 76; cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the dec
laration of element 'beans'.

 at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Un
known Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unkno
wn Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unkn
own Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.s
canRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContent
Dispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Un
known Source)

Peter

Mircea Carasel

Mar 16, 2015, 3:10:08 PM3/16/15
to pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

could you check if you can reach www.springframework.org from your primary node (try ping )

Also please send us /usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/sipXcom.jar

Thanks
Mircea

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 3:37:22 PM3/16/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, pmkr...@gmail.com
Hi Mircea - thanks for the response. We need to get this server built for a new office move, so decided to rebuild from scratch using the tested 14.04 update 4 ISO from a CDROM drive. I build the system last Thursday during my travels using Centos minimal from a thumb drive and then yum install sipxecs using the repo file specified in another thread.

This time when update 4 came up, I got the same HTTP: 404 error initially - I tried from multiple browsers. It went away when the sipxconfig service was restarted.

I applied my restore of the 4.6 customer configuration - then reset the superadmin password. so I can get into the restored system. The first time through, I encounter these errors and password is not reset.

The second time executing sipxconfig reset-admin, no errors appear and the password is reset.

Log is attached.

All the best
Peter

[root@pbx ~]# service sipxecs stop
[root@pbx ~]# /etc/init.d/sipxconfig reset-admin
log4j:WARN No such property [conversionPattern] in org.sipfoundry.commons.log4j.            SipFoundryLayout.
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to initializ            e group definition. Group resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml], factory             key [servicelayer-context]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.facto            ry.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'servicelayer-context' d            efined in URL [jar:file:/usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/sipxconfig-neoconf.ja            r!/beanRefContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.sp            ringframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class             [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]: Construct            or threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.Xm            lBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 11 in XML document from URL [jar:file:/usr/s            hare/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/sipXcom.jar!/sipxplugin2.beans.xml] is inva            lid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 11; columnNu            mber: 76; cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.            useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:386)
        at org.sipfoundry.sipxconfig.common.SystemTaskRunner.runMain(SystemTaskR            unner.java:40)
        at org.sipfoundry.sipxconfig.common.SystemTaskRunner.main(SystemTaskRunn            er.java:27)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creati            ng bean with name 'servicelayer-context' defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/share/jav            a/sipXecs/sipXconfig/sipxconfig-neoconf.jar!/beanRefContext.xml]: Instantiation             of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationE            xception: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.            ClassPathXmlApplicationContext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception i            s org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 11             in XML document from URL [jar:file:/usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/s            ipXcom.jar!/sipxplugin2.beans.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.S            AXParseException; lineNumber: 11; columnNumber: 76; cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the d            eclaration of element 'beans'.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowir            eConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:288)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean            Factory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1035)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean            Factory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:939)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean            Factory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean            Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getOb            ject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistr            y.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBe            an(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean            (AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.            preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:607)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finish            BeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:925)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refres            h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:472)
        at org.springframework.context.access.ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator            .initializeDefinition(ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:143)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.            useBeanFactory(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:381)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not insta            ntiate bean class [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationCo            ntext]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.bea            ns.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 11 in XML document from URL             [jar:file:/usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/sipXcom.jar!/sipxplugin2.b            eans.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNum            ber: 11; columnNumber: 76; cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'be            ans'.
        at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:1            62)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy            .instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:121)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowir            eConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:280)
        ... 15 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException            : Line 11 in XML document from URL [jar:file:/usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/            plugins/sipXcom.jar!/sipxplugin2.beans.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.            xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 11; columnNumber: 76; cvc-elt.1: Cannot f            ind the declaration of element 'beans'.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadB            eanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:396)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea            nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:334)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea            nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReade            r.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:174)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReade            r.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:209)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReade            r.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:180)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReade            r.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:243)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loa            dBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:127)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loa            dBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationCon            text.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:131)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtain            FreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:530)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refres            h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:444)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<i            nit>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<i            nit>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct            orAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC            onstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
        at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:1            47)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 11; columnNumber: 76; cvc-            elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.

[...]
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocum            ent(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:75)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadB            eanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:388)
        ... 35 more

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 3:57:41 PM3/16/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, pmkr...@gmail.com
I just rebooted the sipXcom 14.04 update 4 customer restored configuration and am back to the same place as in the beginning of this thread.

It appears that running sipxconfig reset-admin on a working 14.04 system after a 14.04 restore causes this issue.

Pings to www.springframework.org are successful btw ...

Peter

Mircea Carasel

Mar 17, 2015, 7:05:55 AM3/17/15
to pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

I tested your scenario on a 14.04 update 4 system but I can't reproduce any issue.

Please attach /usr/share/java/sipXecs/sipXconfig/plugins/sipXcom.jar and entire sipxconfig.log to see all error stack

Thanks
Mircea

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2015, 12:14:43 PM3/17/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, pmkr...@gmail.com
Hi Mircea,

For some reason, I'm unable to attach files to this forum - the attach files icon is nowhere to be found in my Google groups setup. My email is pe...@louisavoice.com - be glad to send requested information off-line.

Peter

George Niculae

Mar 17, 2015, 4:46:09 PM3/17/15
to pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
Peter, would help to add

162.159.245.187 www.springframework.org

in /etc/hosts for the moment and restart sipxconfig app then see if it works

George

Mircea Carasel

Mar 18, 2015, 4:26:29 AM3/18/15
to George Niculae, pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

I tested your sipxcom.jar and there is no issue with it.
I still think that the problem is that the system does not properly resolve www.springframework.org

Please follow steps George recommended and let us know

Mircea

Mircea Carasel

Mar 18, 2015, 11:45:05 AM3/18/15
to George Niculae, pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
The only way I was able to reproduce the exact error was to disconnect from the internet and restart sipxcom.
Putting back network connection and restarting again sipxcom everything was back to normal

Mircea

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2015, 10:34:40 PM3/18/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, geo...@ezuce.com, pmkr...@gmail.com
Hi Mircea/George - many, many thanks for the time and efforts in tracking this issue down (know this can take time). We shipped a customer system this evening and gave them the heads-up that they need Internet connectivity to access the GUI.

I have a question and a suggestion. Question - can you provide a brief explanation of the www.springframework.org dependency, importance for Internet connectivity during startup, and whether this is a recent change? We have been working with Sipx systems for nearly 2 years, often offline when there is no network connectivity, and this is the first time we have seen this issue.

Suggestion - if Internet connectivity is the new norm, can we add a comment to the sipxecs-setup script that alerts users to the need for Internet connectivity when SipXcom reboots? I'd be glad to submit a Jira if required.

All the best
Peter

George Niculae

Mar 19, 2015, 2:52:05 AM3/19/15
to pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

That's an issue we'll address.

Thanks,
George
Message has been deleted

Mircea Carasel

Mar 20, 2015, 7:43:46 AM3/20/15
to George Niculae, pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

We made a fix for the issue

You can try 14.04 build from stage:

[sipXecs]
name=sipXecs software for CentOS $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.sipxcom.org/pub/14.04-stable/CentOS_$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=0

Mircea

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2015, 10:49:41 AM3/21/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, geo...@ezuce.com, pmkr...@gmail.com

Thanks Mircea - the fix appears to resolve this issue. However in building this lab system, I notice the following DNS errors every 30 seconds following a stun request - any idea where this is coming from? NAT-traversal setting on this system is 'static ip address'.

Peter

Michael Picher

Mar 21, 2015, 11:06:45 AM3/21/15
to pmkr...@gmail.com, sipxco...@googlegroups.com, geo...@ezuce.com
This is a reverse lookup...  We had somebody run into this with syslog doing this reverse lookup.

You can disable this behavior by adding a -x flag to the rsyslogd options in /etc/sysconfig/rsyslog

pmkr...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2015, 7:29:14 AM3/23/15
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com, pmkr...@gmail.com, geo...@ezuce.com
That worked, but only after restarting the sipXcom server - it not take after restarting rsyslog.

Many thanks Mike.