Polycom conference phones (IP5000/6000/7000) all dropping calls at 5:01 mark.

ll...@polarisproject.org

Jun 22, 2017, 2:33:07 PM6/22/17
to sipxcom-users
Ahoy there, this is my first post here so just wanted to say thank you all up front.

As mentioned in the subject, this issue is only happening to the Polycom conference phones in my environment, where I have ip450 and VXX500/600 deployed.
The active calls drop always on a 5:01, 10:01, 15:01, etc mark. Example for the active call record:

Conf Room-XXXXXX    9XXXXXXXX    9XXXXXXXX    X-SBC    05/31/17 14:37 PM    00:05:01    Completed

Other than the calls dropping, the phones are acting as expected.

Polycoms have the latest firmware installed.

sipXcom(17.04)

Matthew Kitchin

Jun 22, 2017, 4:01:27 PM6/22/17
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com

Can you post a packet capture? You can leave out the RTP.

Joe Micciche

Jun 22, 2017, 4:21:33 PM6/22/17
to sipxco...@googlegroups.com
On 06/22/2017 04:01 PM, Matthew Kitchin wrote:
> Can you post a packet capture? You can leave out the RTP.

It would also be helpful to explain topology a bit, and describe the
callflow. Is this internal calls? external through a gateway or
sipXbridge or an sbc/SIP provider? Inbound and outbound?

Calls terminating at 5-min intervals suggests to me a keepalive set to
300 secs (e.g. OPTIONS ping), and for whatever reason the Soundstations
are either not getting it/not acking it.

joe
signature.asc

pmkr...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 8:47:21 AM6/23/17
to sipxcom-users, jmic...@redhat.com
A number of ITSPs have timers on  gateways into their network - if there is a phone connection with one-way RTP traffic for 1-5 minutes, the call is dropped as they assume the call has gone bad. A conference phone may do this when the call is muted - there is no upstream RTP traffic back to the ITSP, so the call gets dropped.

It appears from your CDR that your ITSP connection is via an SBC. Enable SIP options on the SBC  for the trunk to a value lower than the ITSP timeout value for 1-way RTP traffic if this is indeed the issue.

All the best
Peter