DTMF Change with 17.04?

Jim Gill

Apr 25, 2017, 1:34:19 PM4/25/17
to sipxcom-users
For nearly a year now I have been struggling to get a Fire Alarm Signalling (Edwards FX) box  to communicate through Sipxcom to a Central Dispatch via DTMF.   I have been converting the analog signal from the Edwards box with a Cisco SPA 112.   I can get a fax machine to work with the SPA 112 so naively I thought this would be easy.  Central Dispatch receives the call but can not decode the DTMF tones being sent (they say they are receiving a bunch of garble)

The short story is that since I upgraded to 17.04, Central Dispatch can now decode my signal.   Has anything with DTMF or codecs changed?   I'm happy that it is working - just trying to figure out how.

Thanks!
Jim

Michael Picher

Apr 27, 2017, 12:38:48 AM4/27/17
to Jim Gill, sipxcom-users
Not aware of any changes with respect to that Jim... It would have had to change in the Cisco SPA 112... or at your service provider.

Mike

Thanks,
   Mike

There are 10 types of people in this world...  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jim Gill

Apr 27, 2017, 7:46:21 AM4/27/17
to Michael Picher, Jim Gill, sipxcom-users
I suspect the service provider.  They wanted a POTS line because according to them my system is too clear and the needed some distortion to make it work.   I refused to go that route since the nearest Pots conection is 3/4 of a mile away. Thanks Mike

Michael Picher

Apr 27, 2017, 12:04:27 PM4/27/17
to Jim Gill, Jim Gill, sipxcom-users

I suspect you are right :-)