How identify incoming call from diferents AudioCodes MP-114-FXO

arturojg...@gmail.com

May 17, 2018, 1:40:26 PM5/17/18
to sipxcom-users

Hello to all

Im running sipXcom 17.08.20170803044127, one single server, servicing 4 offices in diferent locations all thru a vPN services, everything is working ok.

My only concern , in the call details records, allmost all the incoming call, are showed as the Audio Codes I have in the main office instead the remote location audiocodes names.

I`m missing something or there any missunderstud on the dialing rules ?

All the AC-GW, are set to forward the incoming call to an specific hunt group with the pool of extension, that is working ok, but the record show like the call was incoming from the AC-GW in the main office.

Thanks

Regards

Michael Picher

May 17, 2018, 2:43:29 PM5/17/18
to arturojg...@gmail.com, sipxcom-users
Well, dialing rules are only for outgoing calls.

You might be able to use locations and identify the other gateways for inbound with that?

Mike

Thanks,
   Mike

I'll do today what others don't so that I can do tomorrow what others can't. - Mat Fraser

Todd Hodgen

May 17, 2018, 2:51:47 PM5/17/18
to arturojg...@gmail.com, sipxcom-users

If it is lacking Caller ID, you can go to FXO, and Identify the name for the trunk with a unique name for each gateway.  Of course, that is just for calls with no caller ID.

How about forwarding each of them to different Phantom extensions, so you can see what extension the trunks are sent to.  You could actually do CDR reports based on location that way.

pmkr...@gmail.com

May 18, 2018, 11:06:15 AM5/18/18
to sipxcom-users
On our systems with multiple locations and users are mapped to locations via user groups, the gateway is displayed in CDR records for outgoing calls only. Incoming calls arriving on gateways installed in remote offices display a gateway id of '0'.

Peter

Michael Picher

May 18, 2018, 5:05:57 PM5/18/18
to Peter Krautle, sipxcom-users
There's a feature in locations that identifies the IP of inbound calls.

The source subnets for inbound calling should help identify a location... Not sure if that will do what you want with cdr though...

pmkr...@gmail.com

May 20, 2018, 12:52:41 PM5/20/18
to sipxcom-users
Hi Mike, I enabled the locations feature on a test system and placed inbound external calls through Sipxbridge or unmanaged  gateways.What I am seeing is  for inbound external calls, the gateway_id field in SIPXCONFIG is not populated in the gateway field of the cdrs table, so the Diagnostics->CDR-> historic menu shows the gateway as being set to 0 for the call.

Back to the original query, I haven't been able to determine how AC-GW is showing up as the gateway for incoming calls on the test or production systems. The only thing I can think is that all the remote gateways are calling the same AC-GW hunt group. Sipxcom internally does a SIP Invite to AC-GW, and there is a hunt group setting that populates the CDR gateway field with the name of the hunt group. Probably more specifics are required here from the originator.

Peter

arturojg...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 2:48:59 PM5/21/18
to sipxcom-users
Thanks a lot to all, I will try give more details.

Each location has a different subnet, ( as shoud be I guess), What I had tried to make standard is

and so on,I had tried  are different scenarios

1.- Each gateway has an unique hunt group, with extensions assosiates to those office

2.- A phanthom user per each different lines ( PSTN lines of each gateway)

But in all the cases  the offices outside main office showin the CDR like they were routed thru me main office like this image

So when the calls in the  main offie show like Peter said gateway "0"

I do not know If I had been missing something!.

Thanks

Regards

Arturo Garcia

pmkr...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 7:45:31 PM5/21/18
to sipxcom-users
Hi Arturo - your response makes sense and is consistent with my observations. It looks like the work on the locations feature did not include updating the CDR record with gateway information for incoming calls. If you have structured your dialplan correctly, then each location should have range of extensions. Import the CDRs into Excel, and use the sort and  data filter features to analyze incoming calls by location.

All the best
Peter

Michael Picher

May 22, 2018, 4:39:35 AM5/22/18
to Peter Krautle, sipxcom-users
Yea, I wasn't sure that would work. I think it's difficult with what we have to determine the incoming call for some reason.

Todd's recommended method is probably the best option here.

Thanks,
Mike