SUBSCRIBE support

Bryan Redeagle

Nov 19, 2018, 3:37:41 PM11/19/18
to sipxcom-dev
So I've been trying to get Digium phones working so that we could sell UniteMe to clients that currently use Switchvox. I got it mostly working including generating directories and speed dials. The one stumbling block I have hit is BLF and MWI SUBSCRIBEs. When the phone tries to send a SUBSCRIBE, the system replies with a 406. I wonder if it's the Asterisk-specific nature of the phones that's keeping it from working.

Is there something I'm missing? I can upload the generated config if that's helpful (it's pretty simple to read).

Thanks!

Bryan Redeagle

Bryan Redeagle

Nov 19, 2018, 9:38:36 PM11/19/18
to sipxcom-dev
I took a break and remembered what can cause 406 errors. I'm bummed by my findings, but at least I have an answer. SUBSCRIBE messages do not work between Digium D-Series phones and UniteMe/sipxcom because they expect different Message Body formats.

D-Series phones ask for: application/pidf+xml, application/xpidf+xml
While the sipxcom uses: application/dialog-info+xml, application/rlmi+xml, multipart/related

This makes the two practically incompatible. Which is too bad because the D-Series phones have a clever way of handling speed dial/BLF keys.

I got everything else working though. So if you need to support the devices and don't mind not having MWI and BLF, I can send you the source and an RPM. My Java is rusty so it's not very pretty in places.

Bryan Redeagle