My account was blocked, I want to delete it

YW

Apr 1, 2011, 10:54:55 AM4/1/11
to Sipdroid Forum
Hi,
Please advise me on how to delete a blocked account. My wife applied a
PBXes account using my email address causing it being blocked (as I
have already had one using that email). Thanks in advance.

Brian Gittins

Apr 2, 2011, 7:57:12 AM4/2/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps you should contact there tec support and explain what happened and that you want that account deleted.  It would seem to me that it would be deleted automatically after a while. I'm sure they are not monsters, lol

mpk...@juno.com

Apr 2, 2011, 1:09:31 PM4/2/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
Go to pbxes.org and sign in.  After signing in on the left side of the page, click on the personal data link.  At the bottom of that page is the option to delete the account.  Click delete, it will ask you why, and the account will be gone.

Please advise me on how to delete a blocked account. My wife applied a
PBXes account using my email address causing it being blocked (as I
have already had one using that email).  Thanks in advance.

Brian Gittins

Apr 2, 2011, 4:28:59 PM4/2/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com

Are you able to login to a blocked account?

mpk...@juno.com

Apr 2, 2011, 4:33:01 PM4/2/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
I would try it, couldn't hurt.  If you can't then create new google accounts with new password and it may be a work around.  Just make sure you have the new account listed in your phone

YW

Apr 2, 2011, 4:40:33 PM4/2/11
to Sipdroid Forum
Many thanks for those who replied.
Yes, I am still able to sign in using that account. However a popup
window suggests me to subscribing their premium/paid service. I cannot
do any other things.
While I very much appreciate the PBXes service with Sipdroid, I note
that they are difficult to get in touch for help. You need to pay for
their support, and there is no direct email address displayed on the
web.

On Apr 2, 9:28 pm, Brian Gittins <briang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you able to login to a blocked account?
> On Apr 2, 2011 6:50 AM, "YW" <zigzagin...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi,

YW

Apr 2, 2011, 4:45:14 PM4/2/11
to Sipdroid Forum
Thanks for your reply.
The thing is, if I apply another account I will not be able to use my
VOIP service as it will say ' the trunk is used by other account,
bababa...', which is really a problem for me.

On Apr 2, 9:33 pm, "mpk...@juno.com" <mpk...@juno.com> wrote:
> I would try it, couldn't hurt.  If you can't then create new google accounts with new password and it may be a work around.  Just make sure you have the new account listed in your phone

mpk...@juno.com

Apr 2, 2011, 5:05:42 PM4/2/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
If you do a new google account and new voice mail account you will.  I had to do that myself.  You have to make sure your phone has the new google account registered on it; I would actually take the old google account off your phone and start over with a new account.  Make sure you erase all your data from Sipdroid also and start that over too.

The two problems I am concerned about are that there are no more free pbxes account available for another month or two from what I have read.  The second issue is your apps are associated with your current google account.  I am not sure what happens if you change the account on your phone.  It may transfer over to the new account but they may not.

Another option would be to pay for one month of pbxes and delete the account that way.  If you haven't entered all your personal data with pbxes they will eventually delete your account anyway.  Well, I received an email a few weeks after I set up my pbxes account saying they were going to delete it if I didn't complete my personal data section within ????? I can't remember the time frame they gave me.  So, if sipdroid set up your account for you automatically and you never completed your personal data, I am pretty sure they will delete it for you; you will just have to wait a couple of weeks.  I know that stinks but still an option.

Good luck

Apr 2, 2011, 8:30:13 PM4/2/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
As a temporary or permanent measure if you don't mind initiating a call from the google voice website or using one of the free google voice callback apps in the android market you can sign up for a free ekiga.net sip account and a free Ipkall number. You use the ekiga.net login info in place of the pbxes info in sipdroid. Ipkall is simply a real telephone number that forwards to a sip address (which would be your free ekiga.net sip info). You add the Ipkall number to your google voice account and forward all your calls to it. This in turn will forward to your ekiga.net account which will ring your sipdroid phone.

For outgoing calls simply use your phones browser or the free googlevoice call back app available in the android market. This is not the official googlevoice app. Or log in to your google voice account via your web browser enter the number you want to call and you will be called back via sipdroid and your call will then complete. Make sure in google voice settings that you tell it to all you back.

The callback app is the easiest way to go as far as dialing out. All that happens is you get called back on sipdroid. If you feel that pbxes is somehow holding onto your google chat credentials it wont matter because you simply uncheck it as a forwarding option in google voice and use the ipkall number. This is a pure VOIP solution and works well if pbxes is having problems or whatever.

alternatives to ipkall are sipgate and ipcomms.

here are all the links.
http://www.ipkall.com
http://ekiga.net
http://sipgate.com

Good Luck.

Sent from my iPad

RW

Apr 9, 2011, 7:16:08 AM4/9/11
to Sipdroid Forum
Hi Brian,
Many thanks for your advice, I shall study it carefully today. I am
now seriously considering giving up pbxes as it finally blocked my
account yesterday...

On Apr 3, 1:30 am, Brian Gittins <briang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a temporary or permanent measure if you don't mind initiating a call from the google voice website or using one of the free google voice callback apps in the android market you can sign up for a free ekiga.net sip account and a free Ipkall number. You use the ekiga.net login info in place of the pbxes info in sipdroid. Ipkall is simply a real telephone number that forwards to a sip address (which would be your free ekiga.net sip info). You add the Ipkall number to your google voice account and forward all your calls to it. This in turn will forward to your ekiga.net account which will ring your sipdroid phone.
>
> For outgoing calls simply use your phones browser or the free googlevoice call back app available in the android market. This is not the official googlevoice app. Or log in to your google voice account via your web browser enter the number you want to call and you will be called back via sipdroid and your call will then complete. Make sure in google voice settings that you tell it to all you back.
>
> The callback app is the easiest way to go as far as dialing out. All that happens is you get called back on sipdroid. If you feel that pbxes is somehow holding onto your google chat credentials it wont matter because you simply uncheck it as a forwarding option in google voice and use the ipkall number. This is a pure VOIP solution and works well if pbxes is having problems or whatever.
>
> alternatives to ipkall are sipgate and ipcomms.
>
> here are all the links.http://www.ipkall.comhttp://ekiga.nethttp://sipgate.com
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Sent from my iPad

RW

Apr 10, 2011, 5:46:01 AM4/10/11
to Sipdroid Forum
Thanks for your advice. The thing is they have blocked all two
accounts and I can no longer use the voip service with any new pbxes
account...
very annoying indeed!

On Apr 2, 10:14 pm, "mpk...@juno.com" <mpk...@juno.com> wrote:
> I wanted to make sure I understand what you are saying here.  It sounds like you log in and you get a pop up screen.  Once you get the pop up screen about upgrading to a paid account it will not allow you to click on the left side of the page where it says personal data? If you can click on and open personal data then you can just delete your account at the bottom of that page where it says delete account.  I am pretty sure you are saying they don't let you open the personal data page .  If this is correct then I hope they delete your account automatically because you don't have enough personal data or you will have to try creating a new google account.  You may be able to try changing your google password and it may think it is a different account.  Only guessing now but something i would try

BigMcGuire

Apr 18, 2011, 10:58:37 PM4/18/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar experience. PBXes is very unprofessional and just blocked my account. I do not recommend them. My account was locked the day after I paid for a month. Paypal of course cannot give me my money back for web services. I will never use PBXes and have discouraged many people from trying to use it.