Re: [ANN] Sinatra 1.2 released!

Zachary Scott

Mar 3, 2011, 3:55:57 PM3/3/11
to sina...@googlegroups.com
ZOMG CONGRATS EVERYONE!

Thanks, and excellent work on the release!

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Konstantin Haase <k.h...@finn.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are happy to announce a new Sinatra release - Sinatra 1.2.0. Wall to wall
> features, not a single bug fix, since all bug fixes have been backported to
> 1.1, so if you're already running 1.1.3, there is no hurry upgrading. But you
> will miss out a lot:
>
> * Slim rendering support
> * Inline Markaby
> * Layout engines
> * Conditional filters
> * URL helper
> * Named captures support
> * Custom rendering scope
> * Custom template lookup (allows multiple view directories)
> * Easily send file with custom last modified header
> * Largely improved documentation
> * Improved error handling
> * Now ships with a Gemfile to ease hacking on Sinatra directly
>
> A detailed description of the new features can be found here:
> http://www.sinatrarb.com/2011/03/03/sinatra-1.2.0.html
>
> Special thanks for helping with this release go to Vasily Polovnyov, Gabriel
> Andretta, elij, Steve Hodgkiss, burningTyger, jammur, Steve Price, Paul
> Walker, Gregor Schmidt, Wu Jiang (nouse) and Lee Jarvis
>
> The Sinatra Team
> Blake Mizerany, Ryan Tomayko, Simon Rozet and Konstantin Haase

Matt Todd

Mar 3, 2011, 4:08:22 PM3/3/11
to sina...@googlegroups.com, Zachary Scott
Thank you for your hard work! Can't wait to dig in :)

Matt

--
Matt Todd
Highgroove Studios

Scout - Web Monitoring and Reporting Software
www.scoutapp.com

Francisco Cabrita

Mar 3, 2011, 4:08:43 PM3/3/11
to sina...@googlegroups.com, Konstantin Haase
Congratz guys. I love to see how this great project rocks :)

John Vincent

Mar 3, 2011, 4:09:25 PM3/3/11
to sina...@googlegroups.com
I want to echo what Matt said. I'm looking forward to digging in over
the weekend.

--
John E. Vincent
http://about.me/lusis

Konstantin Haase

Mar 3, 2011, 3:53:15 PM3/3/11
to sina...@googlegroups.com

Dru

Mar 3, 2011, 4:41:42 PM3/3/11
to sinatrarb
Looking forward to upgrading a couple of projects over the weekend to
take advantage of these new features. Great release!!

On Mar 3, 9:09 pm, John Vincent <lusis....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to echo what Matt said. I'm looking forward to digging in over
> the weekend.
>

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Matt Todd <mt...@highgroove.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for your hard work! Can't wait to dig in :)
> > Matt
>
> > On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Zachary Scott <zachary.s.sc...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> ZOMG CONGRATS EVERYONE!
>
> >> Thanks, and excellent work on the release!

Michael Koukoullis

Mar 3, 2011, 5:28:12 PM3/3/11
to sinatrarb
Well done! Love the work that has gone into the recent incrementals.

davesag

Mar 3, 2011, 5:43:33 PM3/3/11
to sinatrarb
Congratulations all. I will look at upgrading my various Sinatra
based projects over this coming weekend.

Cheers

Dave