Saved search - facet selections in url not working

Travis McCauley

Aug 20, 2012, 3:59:09 PM8/20/12
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have an Exhibit 2.3.0 set up where I manually create the exhibit
after the data loads in order to control when the exhibit loads and to
provide my own listener for onItemsChanged.

I recently noticed an issue where a "saved search" with facet
selections passed in the url query string are not working. My hunch is
that I need to manually handle those somehow since I am manually
creating the exhibit. Does this make sense? How do I do that?

Here are 2 screencaps of the facet selection utility I mean:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/28yd0/6x59
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/28yd0/c4bg

Here is the site if anyone wants to try it: http://travismccauley.info/shalu/
The data is all in Tibetan.

And, here is a "saved search" that is not working:
http://travismccauley.info/shalu/?component385381=Teaching

This is the code I'm using to manually create the exhibit:

// RECIPE FROM http://www.unifr.ch/dokpe/paperj/exhibit.html?fp_pub=Elsevier
var exhibitDataSuccess = function() {
window.exhibit = Exhibit.create();
window.exhibit.configureFromDOM();
addItemsChangedListener();
};
window.database = Exhibit.Database.create();
window.database.loadDataLinks(exhibitDataSuccess);

If anyone has any tips on examples or where to look in the
documentation, thanks a ton in advance.

Best Regards,
Travis McCauley
Toronto

David Karger

Aug 22, 2012, 7:16:16 PM8/22/12
to simile-...@googlegroups.com, Travis McCauley
Travis, try giving your facets id attributes. Saved settings are
specified by what selected values go in which facet by id. If the facet
doesn't have an id, it gets a random id which is unlikely to be the same
as the random ID it got when you generating the saved-settings url. So
the saved settings don't match.

Travis McCauley

Aug 23, 2012, 9:02:47 AM8/23/12
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
David,

Thanks so much!! That worked! Much appreciated!

-Travis

travis mccauley  |  (416) 537-6465
pinedrop.com | web solutions for scholarly institutions and communities