MSSQL builds on Appveyor

Sam Minnée

Aug 12, 2015, 12:28:49 AM8/12/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hi everyone,

Travis is awesome. Every pull request gets tested,failed tests are immediately visible to where people are reviewing PRs, and as a consequence the number of failed builds we get on our core branches are really small.

Unfortunately, our MSSQL / Windows test infrastructure hasn't been nearly as polished and as a consequence, this test suite doesn't get maintained as well.

To remedy this, I've set up Appveyor.com to run a build based on Windows and MSSQL. For now, I've added it as the build configuration of the mssql module. You can see the build status icon on the landing page of the module. Like Travis, Appveyor will test every pull request that comes through.

Unfortunately, the test suite is failing right now. I'll try and find some time to keep working on this, but in the meantime if anyone has been working with the MSSQL module and is keen to clean up the 3.2 test run, pull requests would be much appreciated!

Once we have this test suite passing, I'd like to configure the test suite to run on pull requests to framework, so we can keep testing MSSQL/Windows support there.

Thanks,
Sam

Ingo Schommer

Jan 12, 2016, 5:31:02 AM1/12/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hey Sam, the AppVeyor build currently fails due to Github API request limits.
Similar to Travis, AppVeyor supports encrypted variables: http://www.appveyor.com/docs/build-configuration#secure-variables
Sounds like the encryption is account specific. Can you either invite me to the "sminnee" account, or add the token yourself?
Thanks!