why place several classes into one file?

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Jul 28, 2016, 3:36:50 AM7/28/16
to silverstripe-dev

​Hi Everyone

I wonder why the following is stated on:

  • It is recommended to place all custom reports in the 1 file.
    • Create a CustomSideReport.php file and add classes as you need them inside for each report

In my experience it is more convenient to have a folder with each class in a separate file.  However, I wonder if there is another reason apart from "convenience".

Thank you

Nicolaas

--
Nicolaas Thiemen Francken
  www.sunnysideup.co.nz

Sam Minnée

Jul 28, 2016, 3:47:07 AM7/28/16
to silverstripe-dev
It was just for convenience's sake and to be honest the advice is probably obsolete: following PSR-4 conventions would be a better recommendation.
Sam Minnée
CEO
SilverStripe Limited

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Jul 28, 2016, 4:42:17 AM7/28/16
to silverstripe-dev
Thanks Sam.

Patrick Nelson