A wild Roadmap appears!

Christopher Pitt

Apr 14, 2015, 4:45:49 PM4/14/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
One of the teams, here at SilverStripe, has been working on a visual roadmap (based on UserVoice suggestions). It's a neat overview of CMS features we're working on, in addition to the various Github/mailing list/Hangout discussions going on. Take a look! :)

Patrick Nelson

Apr 14, 2015, 4:59:18 PM4/14/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Very cool, thanks! I for one and very happy to see that namespace support is officially being planned, as well as the use if traits over just data extensions. Thankfully PHP has started support for this circa 5.4 (with SS supporting 5.3 right now) so I can't wait to see this incorporated using built-in standards instead of via custom implementation (pulled in shared functionality instead of declaring it externally). Utilizing autoloading, where necessary, etc. Same goes for standardizing events. Also thanks for setting this up so it centralizes discussion on planned features. Should make it easier to coordinate implementation.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Christopher Pitt <cgp...@gmail.com> wrote:
One of the teams, here at SilverStripe, has been working on a visual roadmap (based on UserVoice suggestions). It's a neat overview of CMS features we're working on, in addition to the various Github/mailing list/Hangout discussions going on. Take a look! :)

Conrad Dobbs

Apr 21, 2015, 6:17:13 PM4/21/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Looks good, would be nice to also have target release where known.