Wrong README displayed in Addons - how is this determined?

Martimiz

Apr 7, 2016, 9:05:52 AM4/7/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hi,
I was just checking my language-prefix module in the Addons and noticed that the README that it displays belongs to a testbranche (dev-no-prefix-for-default), stating that in large letters, which will definitely give potential users the wrong idea. Note that Packagist displays the master version by default.

addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/martimiz/silverstripe-languageprefix
https://packagist.org/packages/martimiz/silverstripe-languageprefix

Maybe this question is totally stupid, but how should I define which branch should be the default one in the addons. Same goes for the rating - which branch does it actually point to?

Thanks, Martine

Martimiz

Apr 8, 2016, 11:51:27 AM4/8/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
OK, following up - on GitHub the master branch is set to default at this point, in Addons the 'master' branch is indeed displayed open, but still the  README and possibly the score of the non-default branch is displayed.

So maybe it is not by my negligence but a bug and I should create an issue...

Christopher Pitt

Apr 8, 2016, 3:09:52 PM4/8/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
As far as I can tell: the readme is whatever is displayed on Packagist while the score is based on the master branch only. If the score looks incorrect, there is an email address you can notify and someone will hit the reset button on the module...

Martimiz

Apr 8, 2016, 3:37:31 PM4/8/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
I understand, but then in this case not, something strange is going on. Please understand it's not me trying to lure people to the module :) and I'm not complaining about the score. But

- on packagist master is displayed by default, including the proper README
- on GitHub master is set as the default
- in addons te readme from another (test)branch is displayed.
- Score does not see the travis and scrutinizer files actually present on master, but the are missing from the test branch...

So I'm afraid score may also be from the testbranch... :(

https://packagist.org/packages/martimiz/silverstripe-languageprefix
http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/martimiz/silverstripe-languageprefix
https://github.com/Martimiz/silverstripe-languageprefix/branches

Christopher Pitt

Apr 9, 2016, 1:22:57 AM4/9/16
to SilverStripe Core Development

I'll let you in on a little secret. Helpful Robot has given us limited access to the servers that generate these module scores. We actually have a way to request that modules be re-evaluated when we believe the scores given to us to be in error. It's literally called "The Panic Command". I just ran that, and what I found was that your module has a very heathy score, as seen here.

Now...We have some automated scripts, running on addons.silverstripe.org. Or at least, they should be automated. We added scripts that could be run in an automated way, but it seems they might not be running as frequently or as accurately as we would like. I'll nudge Cam on Monday, to see where we got to with making sure those scripts are running as often and as accurately as we would like. Rest assured, your module is at this stage reflecting a healthy score at the source, and we'll make sure that is carried through to the page you see on addons...

Martimiz

Apr 9, 2016, 7:21:02 AM4/9/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Thanks for your help, Christopher, and happy to hear that the module is healthy :))

But I do think there must be some kind of bug or settings thing going on, it displaying the wrong README, so I've gone and created an issue on github here:

https://github.com/silverstripe/addons.silverstripe.org/issues/126

Martine