Fwd: TinyMCE Update 3.5

Sigurd Magnusson

May 4, 2012, 5:47:04 PM5/4/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Might be worth upgrading for ss3 beta 3?

Sig

--
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Moxiecode Systems AB <in...@moxiecode.com>
Date: 5 May 2012 1:33:08 AM NZST
To: <sig...@silverstripe.com>
Subject: TinyMCE Update 3.5

Moxiecode Systems AB
TinyMCE Update 3.5

TinyMCE has been updated, thats why you are recieving this email.

It was time for the 3.5 branch to go from beta to a production release. The 3.5 version includes HTML5 support, style preview support, rewritten noneditable plugin, selection and caret behavior changes/fixes, new enter/return logic and much more check the changelog on our website for details.

This is also the first official release of the NuGet packages for TinyMCE.

Thanks for all bug reports and help with testing out the beta versions.

As always, submit any bugs found in our tracker system at
http://www.tinymce.com/develop/

This is an opt-in list, you filled in your email on our website to subscribe to this.

Our mailing address is:
Moxiecode Systems AB
Kanalgatan 51
Skellefteå 931 32
Sweden

Add us to your address book

Copyright (C) 2011 Moxiecode Systems AB All rights reserved.
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Sam Minnée

May 4, 2012, 5:51:41 PM5/4/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, silverst...@googlegroups.com
How much work is an upgrade? Did we fork the TinyMCE code at all to get it working for our needs?

Ingo Schommer

May 7, 2012, 3:01:23 AM5/7/12
On 4/05/2012, at 11:51 PM, Sam Minnée wrote:

How much work is an upgrade? Did we fork the TinyMCE code at all to get it working for our needs?
Very lightly, so an upgrade should be simple: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7290
(not assigned to any milestone yet)
signature.asc

Sean Harvey

May 8, 2012, 12:36:37 AM5/8/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com

Sigurd Magnusson

May 8, 2012, 1:08:26 AM5/8/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Well done :)

Sig

Sigurd Magnusson

May 17, 2012, 9:32:06 PM5/17/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Having a play today and the new TinyMCE does seem a lot better. It's hard to pinpoint, as there's tiny subtle things going on with rich text editing. But as one example, if I 'unbullet' a full list of bullets, I used to end up with "empty" <ul></ul> markup whereas now it seems to delete that, which is good. This was on Firefox on Mac Lion so would be good to know if people on various versions of Windows find it better or worse.

Sig

On 8 May 2012 16:36, Sean Harvey <hal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sam Minnée

May 17, 2012, 9:33:26 PM5/17/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sig,

Do you happen to know if this is unique to SilverStripe's implementation of TinyMCE, or do these issues also occur on TinyMCE's own demos?

Thanks,
Sam

Sigurd Magnusson

May 17, 2012, 9:36:37 PM5/17/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
No idea, sorry, but my point was that the <ul></ul> behavior is fixed now, in my limited testing…

If I do spot a problem I'll see if it also see if it occurs in the main demo of the moxiecode site.

Sig