Survey Section

David Craig

May 25, 2015, 5:08:22 PM5/25/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
Long time listener, first time caller. I work with Damian, Chris, and friends at SilverStripe. Part of my job is to make SilverStripe's user experience and client-side code more awesome.

As part of that, I've been working with our design manager Paul Clarke on the new survey section.

There main goals we're trying to achieve with the section are:
- Get feedback on ideas early, throw away the ones that don't work, and continue to explore the ones that do.
- Engage with non-technical people such as content authors, and enable them to contribute too.

This fits with the Lean UX approach we're using to improve the user experience and developer experience (it's a thing) of SilverStripe.

If you have an idea for a survey, that you think would improve the user experience of SilverStripe, let us know and we can get it listed.

David

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

May 25, 2015, 6:10:03 PM5/25/15
to silverstripe-dev
Hey David

Recently, I did a survey made by these guys: https://www.typeform.com/.  Felt good.

I am doing this survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7ZWKDZB now but I have no idea how many questions I can expect .... that is dangerous.

I reckon a survey about TinyMCE would be great.

Nicolaas

David Craig

May 25, 2015, 8:03:55 PM5/25/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz
Hey Nicolaas,
Good point about how many questions / time to complete. I'll make sure we add that to future surveys.

Is there anything in particular you would like to find out about TinyMCE?

David

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

May 25, 2015, 9:17:01 PM5/25/15
to silverstripe-dev
About TinyMCE: how it is being used (pros / cons / etc...).

This is how I see it: Silverstripe is a CMS, editing "rich content" is the most important aspect of a CMS, the default rich content editor in Silverstripe is "questionable".

Questions I'd ask:

1. what is easy to do in the HTML Editor field
2. what is difficult to achieve in editing rich content
3. how well do content editors understand the use of the editor (e.g. how to use headings, paragraphs, etc...)

and so on...

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken
  www.sunnysideup.co.nz
  phone: +64221697577

David Craig

May 25, 2015, 9:44:53 PM5/25/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz
Cool - I've added your idea to our surveys backlog!