Hip Hop (for PHP)

swaiba

May 20, 2013, 10:31:54 AM5/20/13
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with Silverstirpe (preferably 2.4.x) and https://github.com/facebook/hiphop-php ?

Barry

Craig Weber

May 20, 2013, 12:02:40 PM5/20/13
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I've managed to get SilverStripe working on HipHop (HHVM), but I had to fork it to fix a few things: https://github.com/Silvermine/hiphop-php/.  Basically there's two problems with running stock HipHop:
  1. It's implementation of token_get_all (http://php.net/manual/en/function.token-get-all.php) doesn't like "Enum" being used as a class name. This is a problem since there's an extension of FormField called Enum.
  2. It won't let magic __get functions be entered recursively. This is a problem for how ViewableData/DataObjects work.
Since I patched those two defects, I haven't had any further trouble running SilverStripe (2.4) with HHVM. One note regarding your site's code: HHVM implements PDO as a database connector, but not MySQL or MySQLi. So, you'll need to make sure your using a PDO based database connector instead of what comes with SilverStripe. Fortunately that can be implemented in about an hour without changing the core of SilverStripe.

Craig

swaiba

May 24, 2013, 9:03:10 AM5/24/13
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
wow - that is the best answer I could have received - many thanks Craig!

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

May 24, 2013, 4:29:26 PM5/24/13
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
is Hip Hop a way to make SS run faster?

swaiba

May 25, 2013, 3:51:34 PM5/25/13
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz, ma...@sunnysideup.co.nz
That is one item I am interested in, the second being SCM and lastly a method of releasing without releasing our IP.  Hmmm saying that I wonder how that affects the silverstripe/modules license

Sam Minnée

May 26, 2013, 10:38:23 PM5/26/13
[...]

Have you contributed those fixes as pull requests back to HipHop?  It would be good if it was able to run on the stock build.

Martimiz

Jun 4, 2014, 7:39:14 AM6/4/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
@Craig Weber: Hi, does your fork work with Silverstripe 3.1 as well?

And/or does anyone else been using hiphop with v3.1 successfully?

Thanks, Martine

Simon J Welsh

Jun 4, 2014, 7:42:33 AM6/4/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
SilverStripe runs fine on HHVM 3.0 and above.
> --

---
Simon Welsh
Admin of http://simon.geek.nz/

Martimiz

Jun 4, 2014, 7:57:42 AM6/4/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon,that's good news

Craig Weber

Jun 4, 2014, 8:06:18 AM6/4/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
@Martimiz The Silvermine fork, currently based off Silverstripe 3.1.3, (https://github.com/silvermine/silverstripe-framework) works on HHVM 2.4+

_______________________________
Craig Weber
124 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201
tel: 814 429-9459
crg...@gmail.com http://crgwbr.com

On 4 June 2014 07:57, Martimiz <mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Simon,that's good news