Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries?

Marcus Nyeholt

Sep 6, 2012, 4:46:24 AM9/6/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I've gone from ~30 queries for a particular page to ~230 - the majority of these are queries like SHOW FULL FIELDS IN "TableName". From the looks of things these results aren't cached either - so I end up with many (many many many) repeated queries.

Cheers,

Marcus

Sam Minnée

Sep 6, 2012, 6:57:30 AM9/6/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a bug, are you able to trace it?

Marcus Nyeholt

Sep 6, 2012, 8:11:05 AM9/6/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Okay, have traced it back to this commit - https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/commit/2f00884e792f3c9a8fb4c2ea992b516fcd8e08a9#L1R185

That calls $db->query - which for me is triggering a couple hundred times each request. Not sure what the best place to cache this value out would be though

Cheers,

Marcus

Sam Minnée

Sep 6, 2012, 6:44:15 PM9/6/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hamish, are you able to look at this, since it's your commit?

Hamish Friedlander

Sep 9, 2012, 5:22:13 PM9/9/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Ah,

Yeah, we'll need to cache that value. Theoretically we only need to invalidate the cached value every time a /dev/build is run, but just a static ad-hoc cache will do for now - I'll take a look in a bit.

Hamish Friedlander