PHPFIG PSR-6: Caching interfaces (vote)

Christopher Pitt

Dec 7, 2015, 6:16:13 PM12/7/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hey folks,

FIG are voting on the caching interfaces, here. It's been in the works for a long time, and a few people have expressed reservations with the interfaces. I think it would be a good idea to -1 on this one. What do you think?

Kind regards
Chris

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Dec 7, 2015, 8:00:57 PM12/7/15
to silverstripe-dev
​Hi Chris

I had a read through the reservations.  Are you saying you agree with most of them? Sounds like the interfaces could be simpler and smarter ... is that your reason for promoting a -1 vote?

Cheers

Nicolaas

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken
  www.sunnysideup.co.nz
  phone: +64221697577

Christopher Pitt

Dec 7, 2015, 8:21:06 PM12/7/15
to SilverStripe Core Development, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz
Yes, I think the interfaces could be a lot simpler. I agree with Andrew and Anthony, and the -1's of Doctrine, Laravel and Guzzle.

Ed Linklater

Dec 7, 2015, 8:34:00 PM12/7/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz
I agree, it is trying to be too broad and as a result actually ends up more restrictive.

Stephen McMahon

Dec 8, 2015, 5:41:38 PM12/8/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Well, too late now.  Passed 16 to 6 with 2 abstained.

Christopher Pitt

Dec 8, 2015, 6:39:12 PM12/8/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Yeah, I got wind of it too late. I don't think it's going to hold up though, given the backlash it's getting...