Custom admin url

colymba

Jun 10, 2014, 7:23:58 AM6/10/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Currently there isn't any proper way to change the default admin URL (correct me if am wrong), so I had a quick look around and at a first glance this shouldn't be too hard to implement.
For the framework, 99% can be done via YML config already, it just is not very centralised.

But then there is the matter of the CMS and other modules, where the admin url seem be be hard-coded a lot more.

I would imagine this can be solved with things like:
  • Global yml config for all
  • then adminURL() with TemplateGlobalProvider for templates
  • and adminURL key in ss namesapce for JS
So what is the consensus on this?
And can anyone see major problem that would be encountered if implemented?

Thierry

Ingo Schommer

Jun 11, 2014, 7:57:33 PM6/11/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thierry, that sounds like a good approach - looking forward to your pull request :)

Patrick Nelson

Mar 2, 2015, 2:03:58 PM3/2/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Has this been implemented yet? I followed the maze, too. Started with the StackOverflow question, searched through github issues, then got directed to "ss-dev" and ultimate found it here after a quick search.

Anyway -- I'm thinking this is a pretty important feature as well. I'd love to see this. On the other hand, if this *has* already been implemented, it should be documented or easier to find!

- Patrick

Thierry Francois (colymba)

Apr 3, 2015, 6:12:30 AM4/3/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I've implemented it in this pull request last year:

But there hasn't been any movement or feedback ever since.....

Patrick Nelson

Apr 6, 2015, 11:29:55 PM4/6/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Well then, let me recommend a few things:
  1. Rebase your current code on the latest version of the branch that your code was originally branched from (didn't clone down your copy so not sure). Then push your branch again (overwriting known changes) so that it will re-trigger the automated tests on the CI server (Travis, Behat, etc) since I think that got forgotten when I think the tests were still a bit broken? Not sure what was going on there (just what I gathered).

  2. I'll chime in there to "bump" the thread a bit.
I know they say that "security through obscurity is not security," but security is also very much like an onion and the more layers and problems you can throw at potential wannabe hackers, the better. I'm all for this!