Using the personal development server...

Christopher Pitt

May 19, 2016, 8:08:33 PM5/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Been working on some things, and this module is a happy side-effect. Install it and you'll have a task you can run, to start the server. It's like we're living in Laravel-land!

Ingo Schommer

May 19, 2016, 8:15:25 PM5/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Awesome! Do you think Laravel has a reasonable amount of devs running these "php -S" style servers? Combined with SQLite, it would make SilverStripe a lot quicker to get going (evaluate locally). Or is a Homestead setup with a more full-stack virtualised LAMP more common? I guess one advantage of the module in its current state is that you don't need to muck around with vhosts :)

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM Christopher Pitt <cgp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Been working on some things, and this module is a happy side-effect. Install it and you'll have a task you can run, to start the server. It's like we're living in Laravel-land!

Ingo Schommer | Solutions Architect
SilverStripe (http://silverstripe.com)
Mobile: 0221601782
Skype: chillu23

Christopher Pitt

May 19, 2016, 8:21:25 PM5/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Virtual hosts + server config is the main reason I made this. I love being able to develop backend code with just sqlite and PDS. I don't expect many are using php -S in production, which is a really good thing.