New core team member

Hamish Friedlander

Oct 6, 2015, 10:08:33 PM10/6/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
We're pleased to announce that we have a new member in the SilverStripe core committer team: Jono Menz.

Jono has made many valuable contributions to SilverStripe core, and we're glad he's agreed to join us. We're also pleased to have another person who doesn't work at SilverStripe Ltd joining the core team, and we believe Jono will bring an valuable viewpoint to our discussions.

His GitHub handle is @jonom

It's great to have you on board Jono!

Thanks,
Hamish Friedlander and the core team

Stevie Mayhew

Oct 6, 2015, 10:22:03 PM10/6/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Great to see you on board Jono :) Looking forward to the UX improvements that are no doubt in the pipeline for you as part of the core team... not that it hasn't stopped you before this!

Congratulations!

Daniel Hensby

Oct 7, 2015, 5:14:38 AM10/7/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Congrats and welcome, Jono!

Patrick Nelson

Oct 7, 2015, 1:40:50 PM10/7/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I for one welcome my new core overlord! Hopefully this means maybe PR's will be criticized/merged sooner :) The API has changed quite a bit since some of my original PR's were submitted (I have posted a large number in a short period I think back in April and then July) so the sooner we can get feedback, and I've been getting a lot now from Jono, the less work updating/rebasing/etc! The net effect here I think will result in a better product and I'm all on board with that as a minor contributor myself.

Jonathon Menz

Oct 7, 2015, 2:22:03 PM10/7/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
I think we're more like servants than overlords :) but thanks everyone! I'm glad to be here and looking forward to being more involved with the community and helping to keep the momentum going where I can.