SilverStripe 3 Beta 2: TinyMCE Issue in Admin

Gary Kenny

May 1, 2012, 11:23:56 PM5/1/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm not sure how I should be posting notification of this bug and I am therefore submitting it to this group.  I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum for this.

I have created a thread in the forums titled 'SilverStripe 3.0 Beta 2 issue with TinyMCE':

The issue for me is that the TinyMCE editor was not being displayed in the Admin area when creating or editing a page.  I was receiving the following Javascript error:
tinyMCE is not defined

After some investigation, I have discovered that i receive a 403 error when opening the file generating the tinyMCE Javascript code:

This error is caused by the following rule in .htaccess contained in the folder /framework:
<FilesMatch "\.(php_|php3|php4|php5|phtml|inc)$">
    Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

This rule prohibits any PHP code being called from within the /framwork folder.  This will require a change to the location of the tiny_mce_gzip.php file.

I have verified that this is the cause of the issue.

Cheers,

Gary

Sam Minnée

May 1, 2012, 11:42:55 PM5/1/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
There is another error related to this here:
http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7142

I've posted your followup information there, thanks for the analysis.

For future reference, http://open.silverstripe.org/ is the place to post bug reports.
> --

-------
Sam Minnée | Chief Executive Officer