[GSOC2012] Proposal template

Ryan Dao

Apr 2, 2012, 3:10:04 PM4/2/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Do I need to strictly follow the proposal template on GSOC website http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/silverstripe? I was about to finish my proposal but then realized that it didn't conform to the given format. Should I change or just continue writing in my own way?

Best regards,

Ryan

Ingo Schommer

Apr 2, 2012, 3:26:18 PM4/2/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Well, there's a reason we ask those questions,
so skipping them might put you at a disadvantage
against other competitors :) If you've answered them,
but in a slightly different order/format, that's OK.

Ingo

Ryan Dao

Apr 2, 2012, 3:35:39 PM4/2/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ingo,

I don't mean skipping the questions. I just find it hard to provide more details if I follow the format strictly. So as long as I can provide all the information in the template, it's ok right?

Best regards,

Ryan

Ingo

Ryan Dao

Apr 3, 2012, 11:09:29 AM4/3/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ingo,

One more thing, regarding the coding test, do I have to submit it before 6 April as well? I could work on it and submit by 6 April, but I'm having quite a lot of project deadlines and tests this week. I would be better for me to work on it over the weekend and submit by Sunday. Is it possible?

Best regards,

Ryan

Ingo Schommer

Apr 3, 2012, 4:32:38 PM4/3/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I don't want to start with exceptions as its unfair to other students who have already submitted their applications.
The coding test is part of your application, but then again the evaluation period from 6th to 20th is just as important.
Its just one aspect of evaluations, and it doesn't have to be super fancy.

If its a matter of applying or not, we'll accept it later. But please try your best until Friday!

Thanks
Ingo