important update on e-commerce

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Apr 20, 2012, 5:02:39 AM4/20/12
to silverstripe-dev
Hi

Again a lot more changes to e-commerce.  My motto is: better change today than change tomorrow (as it will have a bigger impact tomorrow then it will today).  I want to get to a top e-commerce ASAP and the only way to do that is to keep at it.

However, I am looking at running two versions now.

The SSU branch will become 0.9  branch, every e-commerce sub-module will also get an 0.9 branch.

The 0.9 branch will be low on features, but because we are not adding any new features, it will be a lot more stable. We will fix any bugs.

Trunk will become the 1.0 release.  Trunk will always work with the trunk version of any of the e-commerce sub-modules. Trunk will have all the latest features BUT it will be very unstable :-)

To manage migrations, configurations, default records, etc.... please visit /ecommerce/dev/.

Any questions / frustrations / smiles - just hit the reply button.

Nicolaas

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Apr 20, 2012, 5:15:27 AM4/20/12
to silverstripe-dev
Sorry, this message was supposed to go to:
silverstripe-ecommerce... A T .....googlegroups.com

To see our e-commerce demo, please visit:

Also, did you know Jeremy has started a fork of e-commerce called "shop"