Can't override /framework/ templates?

Uncle Cheese

Sep 18, 2012, 11:52:08 AM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I have no problems overriding templates in /cms/templates, but anything in /framework/admin/ doesn't seem to respect my overrides. For instance:

/framework/admin/templates/Includes/LeftAndMain_Menu.ss

cannot be overridden by:

/mysite/templates/Includes/LeftAndMain_Menu.ss

Ryan Wachtl

Sep 18, 2012, 1:15:16 PM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Possibly related, I've also experienced some difficulties in overriding templates of other modules when I rename 'mysite' => 'app'. For instance the templates in my project directory (app) no longer override the blog module's templates. I would expect that the templates in my project folder would always take precedence, regardless of directory name.

Is there an outline of SS 3 template hierarchy, that I have missed?

- Ryan

Anselm Christophersen

Sep 18, 2012, 3:08:18 PM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issue.
For now i renamed my project directory to "zzz_mysite" as I had seen it somewhere in the docs, and it works - though I don't like that naming either.

Anselm

Aaron Carlino

Sep 18, 2012, 3:40:58 PM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Oh, right! I forgot about zzz_admin! Good to know.

But I would think "mysite" would override "framework" if alphabetization really does count.. ??

Regards,
Aaron

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Sep 18, 2012, 7:27:36 PM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Does the same thing happen when you add the files to "themes"?

Simon J Welsh

Sep 18, 2012, 7:32:28 PM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
The CMS unsets the theme, so no templates are loaded from there.
On 19/09/2012, at 11:27 AM, Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up <ma...@sunnysideup.co.nz> wrote:

> Does the same thing happen when you add the files to "themes"?

Ingo Schommer

Sep 18, 2012, 7:39:43 PM9/18/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Known bug, unfortunately not an easy fix: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7085