Docs not updated to 3.4

Martimiz

Jun 8, 2016, 4:33:17 AM6/8/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
I'm not sure this is the right place to report this - this is not an issue with the docsviewer as such - but the docs still mention 3.3 as the stable version and there's no mention of 3.4...

Martine

Ralph Slooten

Jun 8, 2016, 5:11:00 AM6/8/16
to silverstripe-dev
Nor a changelog anywhere... (release notes links to a 404)

On 8 June 2016 at 20:33, Martimiz <mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure this is the right place to report this - this is not an issue with the docsviewer as such - but the docs still mention 3.3 as the stable version and there's no mention of 3.4...

Martine

Patrick Nelson

Jun 8, 2016, 2:20:14 PM6/8/16
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Chances are, the solution you're looking for is somewhere buried in here: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/tree/master/docs

i.e. That may mean simply either creating an issue on Github (if you don't know how to resolve) or submitting a PR if you figure it out. The other part of the picture I'm not sure about (just an implementation detail obscured from the common folk such as myself) is how they deploy those docs to prod on https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/3.3/

Martine bloem

Jun 8, 2016, 3:47:26 PM6/8/16
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can see it looks like the online docs haven't been updated yet.

That shouldn't really be a framework (docs) issue - the online docsviewer just wants the 3.4 framework branch docs uploaded and its config settings updated I think.

But maybe there's a reason... Just thought I'd mention is all :)

Sam Minnée

Jun 8, 2016, 3:50:52 PM6/8/16
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
We were having some issues with docs — of you recall they were having daily outages — and so we rolled back until we could get to the bottom of it. This reverted the inclusion of the 3.4 docs.

We'll get it resolved ASAP.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam Minnée
CEO
SilverStripe Limited

Fred Condo

Jun 9, 2016, 11:20:01 AM6/9/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Does userhelp share the docs infrastructure? Because 3.4.0's "Help" tab links to https://userhelp.silverstripe.org/en/3.3/ and https://userhelp.silverstripe.org/en/3.4/ does not exist.

Cam Findlay

Jul 3, 2016, 9:41:53 PM7/3/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hey Fred,

I'm back and in progress of looking into this for you.

3.4 is up currently just need to do some tidy up so that it defaults to the current stable.

Cam (^^)/