Form template location

Martijn

May 16, 2016, 5:42:10 AM5/16/16
to SilverStripe Core Development

Am I the only one that finds it a little confusing that MyCustomFormTemplate.ss should live in an Include folder and will not work when put in a forms folder, where MyCustomFieldTemplate.ss works fine when put in forms?

https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/4.0/developer_guides/forms/form_templates/

Sam Minnée

May 16, 2016, 5:57:08 AM5/16/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
In 4.0 we'll be using folder names to match class namespaces, and deprecating the use of the Includes folder. Hopefully that should clear it up.

PR under review is here:
https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/5490
On Mon, 16 May 2016 at 9:42 PM, Martijn <marv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am I the only one that finds it a little confusing that MyCustomFormTemplate.ss should live in an Include folder and will not work when put in a forms folder, where MyCustomFieldTemplate.ss works fine when put in forms?

https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/4.0/developer_guides/forms/form_templates/

Sam Minnée
CEO
SilverStripe Limited