Documentation for the Oembed feature in Silverstripe 3

Anselm Christophersen

Aug 29, 2012, 1:02:24 PM8/29/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I was about to set up a Youtube field for a site I'm working on, using SS3, when I remembered something about the Oembed field that had been mentioned, both on this thread, as well as the blog.

It's described very briefly here:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/rich-text-editing

However, I can't get it to work. I'd expect it to work by pressing the "Insert media" button in TinyMCE, choosing "From the web", and insering a URL, e.g. www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3hVfgtUd6k

When doing so, all I get is a 100x100 px symbol showing something as "media not allowed".

There might be some issues with my local install (e.g. maybe Curl need to be working properly), but I think a little extra documentation on how this is intended to work, as well as how to debug it would be helpful.

Anselm

Sigurd Magnusson

Aug 29, 2012, 3:59:58 PM8/29/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Should "just work", perhaps better error messages need to surface eg curl not installed etc?

Does the same URL work at demo.silverstripe.org?

Sig

--

Anselm Christophersen

Aug 29, 2012, 5:05:23 PM8/29/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Yes.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying this.
I'll have a look at what's wrong with my dev machine.

Anselm

Sigurd Magnusson

Aug 29, 2012, 5:07:10 PM8/29/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Please consider posting bug/enhancement to open.silverstripe.org and/or code fix as a pull request that would prevent others hitting the same issue ;)

Sig

UndefinedOffset

Aug 30, 2012, 12:02:57 PM8/30/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
only unfortunate thing with youtube oembed is that it embeds using wmode="window" by default :( sigh lol