Technical issues with SilverStripe forums

Cam Findlay

Jul 4, 2015, 5:05:23 PM7/4/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, Has been pointed out that there is some technical glitches going on with the forums at present.

A lot of posts are not showing up and I'm in the process of running this past our operations team to find out the cause of the problem and a fix.

In the meantime I am considering making the forums READ ONLY until we get this corrected to avoid a situation where we have new posts coming in that will need to be migrated (or worst case, lost) if we have to restore from a database back up.

My suggestion is that we put up a notice on the forums letting people know about the problem, that the forums are currently read only and direct them to StackOverflow for the time being (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/silverstripe)

Apologies for the glitching, from the logs it appears to have begun around 1st July-ish. Strangely, the codebase currently in production has not changed so I suspect its perhaps database related.

Will report back as soon as I know anything further.

Cam Findlay

Jul 4, 2015, 8:33:54 PM7/4/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, c...@silverstripe.com
Ok this has now been resolved and forums are back up. Let us know if you find anything specific still not showing up in the forum and we can take a look.

Thanks for your patience everyone.