Cookies and the EU

Marcus Nyeholt

Jul 20, 2012, 3:08:12 AM7/20/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com

I'm referring to the legislation across the EU related to how cookies need to be managed. How have people been adhering to legislation, and have there been any hiccups because of how SilverStripe does its thing under the covers?  http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx

(not directly a core issue, but has potential impact due to the nature of the legislation so figured I'd ask here in case someone's considered it from a lower level)

Cheers,

Marcus

swaiba

Jul 20, 2012, 11:30:32 AM7/20/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Been discussing it here...

I'm hopeful  jpmcc  is going to release his solution as a module

matt clegg

Jul 20, 2012, 12:58:11 PM7/20/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I personally prefer a less intrusive solution when only using analytics like: http://cookiestatement.eu/getthecode