Upcoming SCUCC and Community Events

Wendy Spurgeon

Feb 9, 2018, 2:46:16 PM2/9/18
to silver-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friends,

I just wanted to give you a heads up of some fun things coming up.

Saturday, Feb 10th, The Post-Chocolate Love Dance at the Old Elk's Club (behind Vicki's Eatery).  7:00pm $7 admission (or $5 and 2 cans of food for Gospel Mission).  Fundraiser for LGBTQ Grant County.

Thursday, February 15th, 2018 @ 1:00 pm PST/2:00 pm MST/4:00 pm EST

Global Sisterhood New Moon Tele-circle

Theme: Aquarius: Inspired Vision: I serve the world with wisdom and love
Click Here to Register-------> Global Sisterhood New Moon Tele-circle

Global Sisterhood is a movement of soulful women around the world unifying by gathering in Sister Circles every new moon focused on a transformational theme. Together we are creating a global Sacred Sisterhood, virtual and in-person, of women devoted to transforming ourselves and the world.

www.women.unify.org

Sunday, February 18th, 2018
Silver City  UCC Community Agape Event (Meal and Art workshop!)

Agape means Love. Let's come together for a Free Community Meal and Activity to celebrate our love for one another! You will have an opportunity to participate in creating rainbow hearts to send to a Montana church that's been vandalized due to their loving stand for the LGBTQ community.  See details below.

Where: Fellowship Hall at 1st Presbyterian Church (1915 N. Swan St. Silver City, NM)

When: 1:00 Meal followed by a Rainbow Heart workshop @ 1:30 pm.

What: The Billings Gazette reports-"A volunteer discovered a swastika painted on the choir room door, and more anti-gay literature pinned to a bulletin board inside the room. Outside on a church sign that reads, “Open doors, open hearts,” someone had scribbled, “No gays."

Our friend from Grace United Methodist Church writes on facebook:

"Hate has broken into a church that I love.
Grace UMC has done nothing but love their community and profess “Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors” - welcoming all to worship and fellowship there.
I am not looking for opinions on this one. I’ve made this post public so you can help spread the word. (Please, if you feel the need to share some of your opinions or rhetoric send it to me privately.)
I am looking for partners willing to show Grace UMC some love and support in the darkness of what has happened in the last two weeks.
Let’s help them fill every window with rainbow colored hearts with words of love and encouragement.
If you are willing, send rainbow colored paper hearts with your support to:
Grace UMC
c/o Pastor Sarah Beck
1935 Avenue B Billings MT 59102
Can you help fill their church with love?"

All Community Agape Events are FREE.... however, we like to know how many people to expect so we can provide enough materials and healthy, delicious food for all.

RSVP HERE

Life is Beautiful.....so let's Love it up!

A Murder is Announced

by Agatha Christie

The Plot: An announcement in the local paper states the time and place when a murder is to occur in Miss Blacklock's Victorian house. The victim is not one of the house's several occupants, but an unexpected and unknown visitor. What follows is a classic Christie puzzle of mixed motives, concealed identities, a second death, a determined Inspector grimly following the twists and turns, and Miss Marple on hand to provide the final solution at some risk to herself in a dramatic confrontation just before the final curtain. (Samuel French).

Dates for A Murder is Announced
February 23, 24, 25
& March 2, 3, 4, 2018
Location - new venue!
Penney Playhouse, 405 N. Bullard Street, Silver City NM

 International Women's Day, Thursday March 8th

Women are rising to demonstrate a new way - The way of unity, cooperation, heartfelt and soulful leadership, authenticity, and integrity. You are invited to join us.

Join the Global Sisterhood movement, offering worldwide Sister Circles and a synchronized meditation on International Women's Day!

Tens of thousands of women will be gathering in sister circles around the globe and synchronizing in meditation with the intention to positively transform both the present and the future. The energy will be electric and we would LOVE for you to be there.
7:00 PM YOUR Local Time Zone.

Each circle will participate in the Heart Meditation by either tuning into the live broadcast--in a synchronized moment with tens of thousands of women around the world--or by the circle facilitator leading the meditation themselves.

Where: Fellowship Hall at 1st Presbyterian Church (1915 N. Swan St. Silver City, NM)

When: 6:00pm sample International cuisine (while it lasts!), great local musicians,  followed by a Sister Circle Unify Heart Meditation @ 7:00 pm.  ALL ARE WELCOME! Men are invited to hold an outer circle of protection for the sister circle inside!

What:  A Collection Basket will be passed to benefit the work and women of El Refugio (our local domestic violence shelter).

Sisters, daughters, mothers, and grandmothers are invited to join a Sacred Sisterhood where jealousy, competition, comparison, gossip, shame, and exclusivity are healed and transformed. The time is now for us to reclaim our worth, power, and gifts of intuition and empathy, and UNIFY to heal, innovate, and transform our world.

Thanks my friends, Hope to see you soon,

Wendy

--
Wendy Spurgeon
Spiritual Life Coach and Transformation Director

Silver City United Church of Christ
Church Office (575)519-4103

Home Office (575)654-7523