Fwd: The 23rd World Computer Shogi Championship Applicant List

Reijer Grimbergen

Apr 29, 2013, 11:13:03 AM4/29/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
The information below about the upcoming CSA tournament is forwarded on behalf of Takenobu Takizawa, who was unable to post this to Shogi-L.

Reijer Grimbergen

Apr 29, 2013, 11:31:54 AM4/29/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
No ShoTest?

Jeff Rollason

Apr 29, 2013, 11:47:03 AM4/29/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid not. I have not done any work on the program in 3 years and very
little in the previous 3, so would be taken apart if I entered now. The last
time I entered I even used a single core sempron laptop rather than hire
some beast of a PC as in doing the latter I would have no excuse if I did
not do well. As it happens I had a respectable 4 wins and 5 losses in the
second round (my equal worst result ever), but it could easily have been
much much worse.

I aspire to write a new program, salvaging the core parts of my old program
and re-enter the contest. At the moment running AI Factory is a full time
job and now I have a 2-year old daughter, also a time burn.

My program is out there on Xbox, PC, PSP, Gizmondo and on in-flight
entertainment. See http://www.shotest.co.uk/

I miss the CSA event!

Jeff Rollason - CEO and founder
AI Factory Ltd - www.aifactory.co.uk