Bonanza wins Computer Shogi Championship

Hiroshi Yamashita

May 6, 2013, 10:40:08 AM5/6/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Bonanza won CSA championship. It was second time win since 2006.
Final game, Bonaza vs. GPS shogi game was almost GPS's win, but
GPS cluster confused Tsume sequence, and lost on time.

NHK movie news
Computer "shogi" competition decides world's No.1
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20130506_01.html

Result
http://www.computer-shogi.org/wcsc23/index_e.html
Records
http://live.computer-shogi.org/wcsc23/
Bonanza - GPS game
http://live.computer-shogi.org/wcsc23/kifu/WCSC23_F7_BON_GPS.html

Regards,
Hiroshi Yamashita

Larry Kaufman

May 6, 2013, 11:46:24 AM5/6/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
On how many cores did the top three finishing programs run?

Thanks,
Larry Kaufman

Hiroshi Yamashita

May 6, 2013, 4:08:40 PM5/6/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> how many cores did the top three finishing programs run?

1. Bonanza 30 machines, 400 cores, around 3.0GHz
2. ponanza 16 machines, 100 cores, around 2.6GHz
3. GPS Shogi 803 machines, 3318 cores, 2.3GHz - 3.4GHz
4. Gekisashi 1 machine, 12 cores, 3.4GHz
5. NineDayFever 1 machine, 16 cores, 2.7GHz
6. Tsutsukana 1 machine, 6 cores, 3.2GHz
7. Shueso 1 machine, 16 cores, 3.1GHz
8. YSS 2 machine, 12 cores, 3.3GHz

You may feel big cluster has advantage, but I think one machine
Gekisashi has almost same strength to top three. Gekisashi
beated Bonanza and ponanza in preliminary league.

Regards,
Hiroshi Yamashita

> On how many cores did the top three finishing programs run?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Kaufman
>

> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Hiroshi Yamashita <y...@bd.mbn.or.jp> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Bonanza won CSA championship. It was second time win since 2006.
>> Final game, Bonaza vs. GPS shogi game was almost GPS's win, but
>> GPS cluster confused Tsume sequence, and lost on time.
>>
>> NHK movie news
>> Computer "shogi" competition decides world's No.1
>> http://www3.nhk.or.jp/**nhkworld/english/news/**20130506_01.html<http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20130506_01.html>
>>
>> Result
>> http://www.computer-shogi.org/**wcsc23/index_e.html<http://www.computer-shogi.org/wcsc23/index_e.html>
>> Records
>> http://live.computer-shogi.**org/wcsc23/<http://live.computer-shogi.org/wcsc23/>
>> Bonanza - GPS game
>> http://live.computer-shogi.**org/wcsc23/kifu/WCSC23_F7_BON_**GPS.html<http://live.computer-shogi.org/wcsc23/kifu/WCSC23_F7_BON_GPS.html>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hiroshi Yamashita
>>
>> --
>> .

Larry Kaufman

May 6, 2013, 7:04:32 PM5/6/13
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that suggests that Gekisashi is clearly the strongest program on a single machine. Would you agree with this, or do you think the top four are all very close in strength on a single machine?