WCSC19 Participant List

TAKIZAWA Takenobu

Feb 2, 2009, 10:37:41 PM2/2/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com, gr...@yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp, taki...@waseda.jp
The 19th World Computer Shogi Championship Participant List

It is our pleasure to announce that the 19th World Computer Shogi
Championship will be held in Japan in May 2009.
There will be fifty-three (53) participants at the tournament.

Takenobu Takizawa
Chair of the Computer Shogi Association (CSA)
Director of the World Computer Shogi Championship
Kentaro Kayama
Director of the Computer Shogi Association
Chief Adjudicator of the 19th Championship
The 19th World Computer Shogi Championship

Competition Dates
May 3-5, 2009

Competition Venue
International Conference Center, Waseda University
1-20-14 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo 169-0051, Japan
Phone: 03-5286-1755 Fax: 03-5272-2063
(+81-3-5286-1755) (+81-3-5272-2063)
http://www.waseda.jp/eng/campus/map.html
The International Conference Center is Building 18 on the map.

1st day through 2nd day: Preliminary Contest
The top 3 of the last tournament will be exempted from these
days and proceed directly to the Final.
The Preliminary Contest is divided into two groups. The upper
division will consist of 16 programs (1st through 19th seeds,
excluding the three direct finalists).
The lower division contest will be held on the first day. There
will be 7 Swiss-style games. The top 8 programs will join the
upper division contest. If the number of programs is odd, the
CSA will add an extra program by invitation. The invited
program will not proceed to the second day.
The upper division contest will be held on the second day. There
will be 9 Swiss-style games. The top 5 programs will proceed
to the third day of competition. If the number of programs is,
by chance, odd, the CSA will add an extra program by invitation
but the invited program will not proceed to the third day.

3rd day: The Final
Round robin of 8 programs with each program playing each other
once.

The rules of the tournament are on the CSA homepage
(http://www.computer-shogi.org/index_e.html).

The Participants:
Developer Program CPU Language/Library
1. Team Gekisashi Gekisashi undecided C++
3. Kunihito Hoki Bonanza undecided
4. Hiroshi Yamashita YSS undecided C++
(The above three are the seeds to the final)

5. Akinori Onmoto Bingo Shogi Core2Extreme/QX6850 C++
6. Otsuki Shogi Otsuki Shogi Xeon/5365 C,Python
7. Kazufumi Nara Nara Shogi Core2Extreme/QX6800 C++
8. Yoshikazu Kakinoki Kakinoki-Shogi Core2Extreme/QX9770 C++
9. Yoshikuni Sato KIRI Xeon/X5355 C
10. Akira Takeuchi Shueso undecided C++
11. Yuichi Nakatani Dragon's Egg Core2Quad/Q9450
12. Team GPS GPS Shogi undecided C++ osl-for-csa
13. JAIST TACOS team TACOS Xeon C++
14. Keitaro Honda K-Shogi Core2Extreme/QX6700 C++
15. Reijer Grimbergen (Netherlands)
SPEAR Core2Extreme/QX9650 C++
16. Kazuhiro Yasutake Misaki Core2Extreme/QX6850 vC++
17. Norihisa Nishimura My Move Core2Quad/Q6600 C++
18. Eiki Ito A-Class League Move #1 verilog lesserpyon
19. Kinoa Kinoa Shogi undecided
20. Jeff Rollason (UK) Shotest undecided C++
(Team #5 thru #20 are the seeds to the upper division contest.)

21. Usapyon's Parents Usapyon2 PhenomII/940 C++ lesserpyon(v3)
23. Tasuku Hanai WILDCAT undecided
24. Ichiro Ujiie Auau Shogi undecided
25. TUAT Kotani Lab. Mattari-Yuuchan undecided
26. Taikou Yamada Yamada Shogi undecided C
28. Masaki Murayama Narikin Shogi PentiumM/1.7GHz C++
29. Tomonobu Masumoto Oki undecided
30. HIT-Shogi Team HIT-Shogi Ver.0.44 undecided
31. Hiroshi Mitani Yumeki undecided C++
32. Junichi Takada Garyu Core2Duo/T7700 Java
34. Masayuki Yamada ym-Shogi Core2Duo/T8100
Java lesserpyon for Java (v1)
35. Hiroyuki Nagayoshi Hayabusa undecided C
36. Seishou Hakusa Hakusa Shogi undecided
38. Jyosui BALD RAT undecided
39. Kazuyuki Kawabata Nanoha Phenom II X4/940 BE C++ lesserpyon
40. Takahiro Sasaki Tohu CeleronM/353 C++

(Participants of the 17th Championship)
37. Masahiko Tokoita Daemon Shogi undecided
39. Yuichi Morioka Gasyou!!! Corei7/940 C++

(Participants of the 16th Championship)
3. KCC Shogi team KCC Shogi undecided
32. Koichi Nakao Ryuma Shogi Core2Duo C++

(Participants of the 14th Championship)
15. Kenichi Satoh Shouou WP undecided ACtionSCript3

(Participants of the 13th Championship)
40. Yasuo Suzuki Suzuki Shogi undecided

(Participants of the 9th Championship)
39. Koichi Inoue Inoue Shogi undecided

(New comers)
--. Akira Shimoyama Blunder Phenom/9550 C#
--. Kenji Shimizu Eden Core2Duo/T7500 Lisp,C++ lesserpyonv3
--. Issei Yamamoto, Hiroshi Onuki
ponanza undecided C#
--. Kosaku Inagaki No One Inside (Shogi Edition)
undecided C++
--. Kazuhiko Kusano Tohske undecided C++
--. Takuya Obata Senbunnoichirigan undecided
--. Team SUI SUI Shogi undecided
--. Adaptive Learning System Laboratory, Nagoya Institute of Technology
Sophie undecided C++
--. So Ishikawa so2008 undecided
--. Masao Imaishi Fukaku Shogi undecided C
--. Minoru Kohmura Hikaku2009 undecided
53

*Team Member
1. Team Gekisashi Yoshimasa Tsuruoka, *Daisaku Yokoyama,
Takashi Maruyama, Ryo Takase,
Takumi Oouchi
6. Otsuki Shogi *Tomoshi Otsuki, Natsumaro Kutsuna,
Jun Araki
12. Team GPS Tetsuro Tanaka, Tomoyuki Kaneko,
Daigo Moriwaki, Shunsuke Soeda,
Yoshiki Hayashi, *Shogo Takeuchi
13. JAIST TACOS team *Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Masahumi Taketoshi,
Jun Nagashima, Keigo Matsubara,
Akihiko Sano, Tomoki Murata,
Takeaki Hamada, Jun'ichi Hashimoto,
Toshiki Matsui
19. Kinoa *Motoki Yamada
21. Usapyon's Parents *Yasuhiro Ike
25. TUAT Kotani Lab. *Naoto Sato, Tsuyoshi Tsukiji,
Kazutomo Shibahara, Yoshiyuki Kotani
30. HIT-Shogi Team Shohei Seike, Ryosuke Ohguchi,
*Takeshi Ito
38. Jyosui Kou Sakai, *Naoki Agatsuma,
Tendai Nakanishi
(Participants of the 16th Championship)
3. KCC Shogi team *An KyongNam, Li YongMin,
Pak Kwang Hyok
(New comers)
--. Team SUI *Sanyu Ido, Shigeyuki Ueda,
Keishi Sonoda
--. Adaptive Learning System Laboratory, Nagoya Institute of Technology
*Daisuke Kondo, Takanori Ichimaru

The numbers on the left are the result of the previous tournament.

(Invited Program)
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Kotani Laboratory 1
Sexy AI-chan
Sexy AI-chan will enter if the number of the lower division
participants is odd.

Number of recent applicants and participants.
Championship #Applicants #Participants
------------ ----------- -------------
14th 62 43 (69%)
15th 52 39 (75%)
16th 52 42 (81%)
17th 47 40 (85%)
18th 52 40 (77%)
19th 53

Mark Schreiber

Feb 4, 2009, 12:57:28 PM2/4/09
to SHOGI-L
I don't see Tanase Shogi. Tanase Shogi won 2nd place in the WCSC 18?
Why isn't Tanase Shogi playing in the WCSC 19?

On Feb 2, 10:37 pm, TAKIZAWA Takenobu <takiz...@mnc.waseda.ac.jp>
wrote:
> The 19th World Computer Shogi Championship Participant List
>
> It is our pleasure to announce that the 19th World Computer Shogi
> Championship will be held in Japan in May 2009.
> There will be fifty-three (53) participants at the tournament.
>
> Takenobu Takizawa
> Chair of the Computer Shogi Association (CSA)
> Director of the World Computer Shogi Championship
> Kentaro Kayama
> Director of the Computer Shogi Association
> Chief Adjudicator of the 19th Championship
> ===========================================================================­====
> ===========================================================================­====
>     Developer         Program            CPU                   Language/Library
> ===========================================================================­====
> ===========================================================================­====
> ===========================================================================­====

TAKIZAWA Takenobu

Feb 4, 2009, 9:12:36 PM2/4/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mark:

Thank you for your question (wondering).
We are sorry that Tanase Shogi does not enter
the 19th WCSC.
The developer, Mr. Tanase, just told us not to enter
because of his work.

Takenobu Takizawa

From: Mark Schreiber <msch...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:57:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: WCSC19 Participant List

Mark Schreiber

Feb 6, 2009, 4:40:28 PM2/6/09
to SHOGI-L
Dear Takenobu Takizawa,
Thank you for replying.
Could Mr. Tanase have an operator run the program while he is not
at the tournament? Is that how Mr. Kunihito Hoki played and won in the
WCSC 16?
Mark

On Feb 4, 9:12 pm, TAKIZAWA Takenobu <takiz...@mnc.waseda.ac.jp>
wrote:
> Dear Mark:
>
> Thank you for your question (wondering).
> We are sorry that Tanase Shogi does not enter
> the 19th WCSC.
> The developer, Mr. Tanase, just told us not to enter
> because of his work.
>
> Takenobu Takizawa

> From: Mark Schreiber <mschr...@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:57:28 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Re: WCSC19 Participant List
>
> > I don't see Tanase Shogi. Tanase Shogi won 2nd place in the WCSC 18?
> > Why isn't Tanase Shogi playing in the WCSC 19?
>
> > On Feb 2, 10:37 pm, TAKIZAWA Takenobu <takiz...@mnc.waseda.ac.jp>
> > wrote:
> >> The 19th World Computer Shogi Championship Participant List
>
> >> It is our pleasure to announce that the 19th World Computer Shogi
> >> Championship will be held in Japan in May 2009.
> >> There will be fifty-three (53) participants at the tournament.
>
> >> Takenobu Takizawa
> >> Chair of the Computer Shogi Association (CSA)
> >> Director of the World Computer Shogi Championship
> >> Kentaro Kayama
> >> Director of the Computer Shogi Association
> >> Chief Adjudicator of the 19th Championship
> >> ===========================================================================­­====
> >>           The 19th World Computer Shogi Championship
>
> >>  Competition Dates
> >>         May 3-5, 2009

TAKIZAWA Takenobu

Feb 7, 2009, 2:58:11 AM2/7/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com, msch...@gmail.com
Dear Mark:

Thank you for your question. Alas, Mr. Tanase has not coompleted his
work on his program (I am 90% sure) so that he will not enter.
The answer is NO.

Takenobu Takziawa

From: Mark Schreiber <msch...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:40:28 -0800 (PST)

Mark Schreiber

Feb 9, 2009, 11:07:28 AM2/9/09
to SHOGI-L
Dear Mr. Takenobu Takziawa,
Thank you for replying.
I misunderstood your answer. I thought Mr. Tanase would not attend
the tournament because of his job. Now I understand he will not attend
because the shogi program is not ready to play. So Mr. Tanase thinks
he will need more than 3 months to prepare the shogi program. I
thought Mr. Tanase’s program was ready last year. He almost won except
for a program bug.
Mark

On Feb 7, 2:58 am, TAKIZAWA Takenobu <takiz...@mnc.waseda.ac.jp>
wrote:
> Dear Mark:
>
> Thank you for your question.  Alas, Mr. Tanase has not coompleted his
> work on his program (I am 90% sure) so that he will not enter.
> The answer is NO.
>
> Takenobu Takziawa

> From: Mark Schreiber <mschr...@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:40:28 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Re: WCSC19 Participant List
>

> > Dear Takenobu Takizawa,
> >     Thank you for replying.
> >     Could Mr. Tanase have an operator run the program while he is not
> > at the tournament? Is that how Mr. Kunihito Hoki played and won in the
> > WCSC 16?
> > Mark
>
> > On Feb 4, 9:12 pm, TAKIZAWA Takenobu <takiz...@mnc.waseda.ac.jp>
> > wrote:
> >> Dear Mark:
>
> >> Thank you for your question (wondering).
> >> We are sorry that Tanase Shogi does not enter
> >> the 19th WCSC.
> >> The developer, Mr. Tanase, just told us not to enter
> >> because of his work.
>
> >> Takenobu Takizawa

TAKIZAWA Takenobu

Feb 9, 2009, 10:29:26 PM2/9/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mark:

Sorry for your misunderstanding.

His job is busy (it is right), but the main reason why he does not
enter the championship is because he thinks his work on the program
is not enough.

Takenobu

From: Mark Schreiber <msch...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:07:28 -0800 (PST)