The 22nd World Computer Shogi Championship Applicant List

Reijer Grimbergen

Feb 8, 2012, 2:11:27 AM2/8/12
to sho...@googlegroups.com
(Another post on behalf of Takenobu Takizawa)

The 22nd World Computer Shogi Championship Applicant List

It is our pleasure to announce that the 22nd World Computer Shogi
Championship will be held in Japan in May 2011.
There will be fifty (50) participants at the tournament.

Takenobu Takizawa
Chair of the Computer Shogi Association (CSA)
& Director of the World Computer Shogi Championship
Kentaro Kayama
Director of the Computer Shogi Association
& Chief Adjudicator of the 22nd Championship
The 22nd World Computer Shogi Championship

Competition Dates
May 3-5, 2012

Competition Venue
West 9th building, The University of Electro-Communications
1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu-Shi, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
Phone: 042-443-5015
(+81-42-443-5015)
http://www.uec.ac.jp/eng/about/access/
The West 9th Building is #68 on the campus map
found at the link shown above.

1st day through 2nd day: Preliminary Contest
The Preliminary Contest is divided into two groups. The upper
division will consist of 16 programs (1st through 16th seeds).
The lower division contest will be held on the first day. There
will be 7 Swiss-style games. The top 8 programs will join the
upper division contest. If the number of programs is odd, the
CSA will add an extra program by invitation. The invited
program will not proceed to the second day.

The upper division contest will be held on the second day. There
will be 9 Swiss-style games. The top 8 programs will proceed
to the third day of competition. If the number of programs is,
by chance, odd, the CSA will add an extra program by invitation
but the invited program will not proceed to the third day.

Note that
1. If the programs use CSA modules developed by someone other than
the entrant, the maximum number of the qualifiers is restricted:
Both the maximum number of the qualifiers to the second preliminary
contest and the maximum number of the qualifiers to the final are
two each for one module.
If the number exceeds the maximum number of the qualifiers, then
the runners-up will qualify to proceed to the next stage.
2. A program about which the entrant does not disclose the information
does not qualify and the runner-up will qualify to proceed to the
next stage.

3rd day: The Final
Round robin of 8 programs with each program playing each
other once.

The Participants:
Developer Program CPU Language
Library
1. Team Bonkras Bonkras undecided
2. Kunihito Hoki Bonanza undecided C,Perl
Bonanza
3. Akira Takeuchi Shueso Corei7/980X C++
4. Team Gekisashi Gekisashi Xeon/X5680 C++
5. Issei Yamamoto Ponanza undecided C++
6. Team GPS GPS Shogi Cluster C++

osl-for-csa,gpsshogi-for-csa
7. Akira Shimoyama Blunder undecided C++
8. Hiroshi Yamashita YSS Corei7/980X EE C++
9. Shibaura Institute of Technology
Shibaura Shogi undecided C Bonanza
Ver. 6.0.0
10. Yuichi Nakatani Dragon's Egg Corei7/980X C++
11. Otsuki Shogi Otsuki Shogi Xeon/X5680 C,Python
12. Takanori Ichimaru Tsutsukana undecided C++
14. Yoshikuni Sato Kiri Corei7/3930K C
15. Ryosuke Kubo Sunfish undecided C++
17. Kazufumi Nara Nara Shogi Corei7/980X C++
18. Yoshikazu Kakinoki Kakinoki-Shogi undecided C++
(The above 16 teams are the seeds to the upper division contest.)

20. Tsuyoshi Tsukiji Jinsei Okuri bunt Shippai
Corei7/950 C++
21. Kazuyuki Kawabata Nanoha PhenomIIX4/940BE C++
22. Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology Kotani laboratory
mattari_yuchan Xeon/E5450 C
23. Qinoa QinoaSyougi Core2Quad/Q9650 C, C++(PHP,
AS3)
24. Taikou Yamada Yamada Shogi Corei7/980X C
25. Junichi Takada Garyu Corei5/540M Java
26. Tomonobu Masumoto Oki Celeron/Celeron 530 C
27. Ichiro Ujiie Auau Shogi Corei5/480M C++
29. Seishou Hakusa Hakusa Shogi Corei5/460M C++
lesserpyon
30. Masayuki Yamada Ym-Shogi Core2Duo/T8100 Java
31. Masaki Murayama Narikin Shogi Corei7/930 C++
32. David Wada (USA) Mumyou Corei7/3930K Java Bonanza
v6.0.0
33. Takahiro Sasaki Tohu Corei3/2310M C++
34. Hiroyuki Nagayoshi Komaasobi Turion64/ML-40 C,C++
35. Takuya Ugajin sawanyanRL undecided
36. Takeshi Kimura Mechawooser Shogi Corei7/950
C,C++,CUDA,python
Bonanza
Ver. 6.0.0
37. Team STR STR Corei7/2620M C++

(Participants of the 20th Championship)
23. Yuichi Morioka Gasyou!!!!! undecided
35. Tsubakihara Shogi Tsubakihara Shogi Corei5/430M Visual Basic
36. Koichi Inoue Inoue Shogi undecided

(New comers)
--. Gou Koutaki Kuma Shogi Corei5
--. Masahiko Saikaishi Selene undecided
--. Sanyu Ido Maho undecided
--. Ryoichi Kose Asake Corei7/2620M C++
--. Hiraoka Takuya Apery undecided C++ Bonanza
v6.0.0
--. S. S. Labo. SS2012 undecided
--. Yosuke Demura Shogicraft undecided
--. Masaya Hasegawa Shogi Boy Opteron/1216 C++
--. Takayuki Morishita Fu undecided
--. Minoru Kohmura Hikaku undecided VC++
--. Yamato Maeda Miyako Shogi System PhenomIIX2/555BE C
--. Kenji Shimizu Eden Corei5/540M Lisp,C
--. Kenichi Yokouchi tai-shogun undecided
--. Toru Matsubara Himmel undecided C
50

*Team Member
1. Team Bonkras Eiki Ito, Hidetoshi Matsuoka, Yuji Kanazawa,
Atsushi Ike
4. Team Gekisashi Yoshimasa Tsuruoka, Daisaku Yokoyama,
Takashi Maruyama,
Ryo Takase, Takumi Oouchi
6. Team GPS Tetsuro Tanaka, Tomoyuki Kaneko, Daigo
Moriwaki,
Shunsuke Soeda, Yoshiki Hayashi, Shogo
Takeuchi
9. Shibaura Institute of Technology
Kazumasa Yamamoto, Harukazu Igarashi,
Hirotoshi Kawauchi, Ryo Hamamura
11. Otsuki Shogi Tomoshi Otsuki, Natsumaro Kutsuna, Jun Araki
22. Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology Kotani laboratory
Yoshiyuki Kotani, Kazutomo Shibahara,
Naoto Sato, Masahiro Yokoyama
23. Qinoa Motoki Yamada
37. Team STR Daiki Suehiro, Eiji Takimoto, Masayuki Takeda,
Hideo Bannai, Kohei Hatano, Shota Yasutake

(Participants of the 20th Championship)
35. Tsubakihara Shogi Osamu Tsubakihara, Masaaki Fukumoto, Kenzi Mori

(New comers)
--. S. S. Labo. Masamichi Satou

The numbers on the left are the result of the previous tournament.

Reijer Grimbergen
School of Computer Science, Tokyo University of Technology
1404-1 Katakura, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192-0982 Japan
Tel: +81-(0)42-637-2591 FAX: +81-(0)42-637-2112
http://www.teu.ac.jp/gamelab/

Reijer Grimbergen

Feb 8, 2012, 7:33:03 PM2/8/12
to sho...@googlegroups.com

Reijer Grimbergen wrote:
> (Another post on behalf of Takenobu Takizawa)
>
> The 22nd World Computer Shogi Championship Applicant List
>
> It is our pleasure to announce that the 22nd World Computer Shogi
> Championship will be held in Japan in May 2011.
> There will be fifty (50) participants at the tournament.

This should of course read "May 2012" instead of "May 2011".

Reijer