Error in installing github package with shinyapps.io

xVik

Mar 7, 2015, 4:56:14 PM3/7/15
to shinyap...@googlegroups.com

I deployed my app to shinyapps.io which worked fine, but when I open the weblink, I get the following error

Downloading github repo ebailey78/shinyBS@shinyBS3
Installing shinyBS
'/usr/lib/R/bin/R' --vanilla CMD INSTALL \
'/tmp/RtmpFLKXua/devtools3b4148b31e/ebailey78-shinyBS-cc2295e' \
--library='/usr/local/lib/R/site-library' --install-tests

Error: ERROR: no permission to install to directory ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
Error: Command failed (1)
Execution halted

I believe this is because in my code for the app, I install the github package using

install_github("ebailey78/shinyBS", ref = "shinyBS3")

and it doesn't seem possible to install. Is there any workaround/fix to this?

Yihui Xie

Mar 7, 2015, 5:06:29 PM3/7/15
to xVik, shinyap...@googlegroups.com
You should not install the package inside your app (i.e. do not call
install_github() in your app code). Just install it locally, and
shinyapps.io will figure out how to install it on the server.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xiey...@gmail.com>