DSO Observations - March 1967 **last orders found on microfilm**

Brian Styles

Apr 28, 2018, 6:36:23 PM4/28/18
to shelbyr...@googlegroups.com

DSO Observations

March 1967 (DSOs 2603-2614)

DSOs 2608-2614, dated 3/20/1967, (accepted 3/28/1967, received 3/31/1967) have a different sequence to the order in which the paint colors were itemized.

DSO 2609, dated 3/20/1967, for 121 cars, specifies that one car should be painted “X - Burgundy”.

Unfortunately the "Shelby Program" would not truly make it past the mid year point. March 1967 marked the last month Shelby's orders for cars were fulfilled.

It is unknown if Shelby American placed orders in the following months that Ford canceled, or if March was simply the last of the car orders that were placed. DSO 2614, typed 3/24/1967 was the last order found on the microfilm file. It is my understanding that the Microfilm file I have is incomplete. We know it's missing some change notices -- perhaps it is also missing some orders what were cancelled?

Note: I asked Kevin Marti to see if (1) his database contains both fulfilled and canceled units. If it includes cancelled units, can we run a query for the next sequential DSOs in series? i.e. 2615+. Kevin has verbally told me that he finds no DSOs in his computer records numbers after 2614, and that makes sense since canceled orders would not be part of the FoMoCo vehicle record.