November Meeting - Monday 25 November

J9Kirby

Nov 11, 2013, 10:29:56 AM11/11/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Just an early reminder that the next meeting will be on Monday 25th November

Access Space 1800-2100

Following on from a very successful Makers and Hackers Event at Sheffield Hallam on Saturday, we look forward to welcoming any new faces as well as the usual suspects.

Hope to see you there!

Peteus

Nov 13, 2013, 8:45:34 PM11/13/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on making it down this month. I have been very busy for a long time and just haven't had the time. I have a 3D printer to bring along which I could do with a bit of help with the electronics, They are soldered I just need help in how to connect them :)

Rowan

Nov 17, 2013, 3:04:51 PM11/17/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
I'll be coming along, looking forward to it...

Michael Nares

Nov 21, 2013, 6:10:25 PM11/21/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
I am too, should be fun :).

The Floow Ltd
Oxo House
4 Joiner Street
Sheffield
UK, S3 8GW
t: +44 (0) 114 270 1114 (main switchboard)

The Floow is a signature of the European Road Safety Charter.

Disclaimer This email and any files transmitted with it should be considered confidential and solely for the recipients. Please do not disseminate, distribute, copy, print or alter this email. The Floow Limited accepts no liability for loss or damage as a result of this email's content or attachment.

Janine Kirby

Nov 25, 2013, 1:38:16 AM11/25/13
to Michael Nares, sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com

Meeting TONIGHT!

Access Space 1800-2100

Hope to see you there!

Sent from my Android phone

Aaron Ibbotson

Nov 25, 2013, 2:12:56 AM11/25/13
to Janine Kirby, Michael Nares, sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there

Sent from my iPad

Gee Bartlett

Nov 25, 2013, 2:50:28 AM11/25/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com

I'll see you all there

Gee Bartlett

Nov 26, 2013, 2:06:30 AM11/26/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com

Cheers all for a great meet last night. So great ideas falling out of our collective grey matter :-)

Andy Kirby

Nov 26, 2013, 9:07:15 AM11/26/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
Agreed

Something I needed to follow up from conversations last night was
mechanical computers.

Here is a link to the one I was thinking of during the conversation.

http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/tinykitlist/375-dcii

Andy Kirby

Nov 28, 2013, 4:45:07 PM11/28/13
to Gee Bartlett, sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
That is a good question, probably. But would take a bit of thinking through.

I bet something similar could be laser cut from three sheets of acrylic
or MDF. About A3 Size and use small metal BB's.

--
Andy Kirby
http://www.kirbyand.co.uk/

Andy Kirby

Dec 1, 2013, 6:50:17 AM12/1/13
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
Hot off the press:-

http://www.elektor.com/news/gertduino-the-raspberry-pi-arduino-missing-link.2607911.lynkx

I guess it takes away the question of whether to develop on Pi or
Arduino. Now do both.

An Arduno that sits on a Pi. extending all the Arduino IO to Pi
Applications and giving integral Arduino development on the Pi.

Best of Both worlds for �18, wow.

Want one (Or Three).

Perry Ismangil

Dec 1, 2013, 6:59:36 AM12/1/13
to Andy Kirby, sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com

You get two micro controllers as well!

On Dec 1, 2013 11:50 AM, "Andy Kirby" <andyk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hot off the press:-

http://www.elektor.com/news/gertduino-the-raspberry-pi-arduino-missing-link.2607911.lynkx

I guess it takes away the question of whether to develop on Pi or
Arduino. Now do both.

An Arduno that sits on a Pi. extending all the Arduino IO to Pi
Applications and giving integral Arduino development on the Pi.

Best of Both worlds for Ł18, wow.