Nature and being 'well'

Brendan Stone

Mar 14, 2017, 10:39:05 AM3/14/17
to sheffield-arts-and...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

I'm part of a team which is researching nature and 'wellbeing'. We're looking for people with experience of living with mental health difficulties to help us.

There are two different ways to get involved, which are explained below.  You can find out more about the project as a whole here: http://valuing-nature.net/ If you have any questions please do contact Kirsten or Jo - their details are below.

Please feel free to forward this message on.

All the best

Brendan

(1) Helping us test a mobile app. The app gets people reflecting on the good things about the green and built spaces in Sheffield.

These 2 workshops (spring 2017) could be put on your CV to show that you tested out digital technology for a public health project.  You would need your own smart phone and you would be welcome to continue using the app once it is available.  We will provide coffee/tea, reimburse any travel expenses and, as a thank you, will give you a £20 voucher at the end of the workshops.

Contact: Kirsten McEwan. Email: k.mc...@derby.ac.uk Phone: 01332 592291

Or

 (2) As a participant in collaborative arts based workshops. You would come to around 6 workshops (autumn 2017 or spring 2018) . The aim is for individuals to be able to explore their personal experiences, histories and values of nature, but no particular interest in art or nature needed!

We would ideally like you to be:

a.       between 16 and 25 years

b.      or between 40 and 55 years

c.       or Over 70

d.      or someone who has recently experienced post-natal depression

Workshops would provide time to reflect, explore and communicate stories - to create something in the company of others.  We want to emphasise that the workshops would not aim to provide therapy.  We will provide coffee/tea and reimburse any travel expenses.

Contact: Jo Birch. Email: joanna...@sheffield.ac.uk  Phone: 0114 222 0006 / 07999 073410

---

Professor Brendan Stone
Director of Learning and Teaching (Outward facing)
National Teaching Fellow
The School of English
The University of Sheffield
Jessop West
1 Upper Hanover Street
Sheffield
S3 7RA

Office +44 (0)114-222-8495
@StoryingShef
---
Sheffield Flourish: a co-produced mental health initiative for the city.
All welcome to join.
Engaged Learning Sheffield: Co-production and community

--

---