Rooting android emulator

Lasitha Wattaladeniya

Feb 26, 2012, 12:03:23 PM2/26/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
Does any one knows how to root android emulator ?  I tried z4root but seems like it's not working.

Romain Bochet

Feb 26, 2012, 12:39:14 PM2/26/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it's possible with some tweaking if you run the emulator on a Unix-based system: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5095234/how-to-get-root-access-on-android-emulator

Romain BOCHET
0641960529

2012/2/26 Lasitha Wattaladeniya <wat...@gmail.com>
Does any one knows how to root android emulator ?  I tried z4root but seems like it's not working.

Corey Wallis

Feb 26, 2012, 7:43:52 PM2/26/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Even if you can gain root access on the android emulator there is a
more fundamental question which is why?

The only reason our software requires root is to configure the WiFi
hardware on a device to do AdHoc WiFi networking. The Android
Emulator, as far as we know, doesn't have the capability to emulate an
AdHoc WiFi network.

To do any development on the Serval Project software at least two
devices are required. There are some very cheap Android Devices
available, including the Ideos U8180 which is currently our base
development platform.

Check back in the archives for a discussion on this device.

Hope this helps.

-Corey

Lasitha Wattaladeniya

Feb 27, 2012, 8:15:44 AM2/27/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
mmm every thing is expensive here in srilanka :/ .. ok then i'll try to do it will one and only android device I have ... Huawei ideos s7