0.92 Released

Jeremy Lakeman

Oct 27, 2014, 12:42:29 AM10/27/14
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
I've cranked the handle and pushed out a new build to the play store, which should start trickling out in the next couple of hours.

If you want to install the latest version without using the play store, you can download it here;
http://developer.servalproject.org/files/serval.apk

For a full list of what's changed since 0.91, the release notes for this version are available here;
https://github.com/servalproject/batphone/blob/master/CURRENT-RELEASE.md

Jeremy Lakeman

Oct 28, 2014, 7:46:49 PM10/28/14
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
FYI, the google play store already reports 4,316 installs of this new version.

I can't say that there are no application crashes, as there's an old class loader bug I've never been able to understand; "Unable to instantiate application org.servalproject.ServalBatPhoneApplication: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.servalproject.ServalBatPhoneApplication in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader".

But there's been no other problems reported, so I feel confident calling this our most stable release ever.

Paul Gardner-Stephen

Oct 28, 2014, 8:32:37 PM10/28/14
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
Well done! Much of the success is genuinely yours.

Paul.

Romana Challans

Oct 28, 2014, 8:44:24 PM10/28/14
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com