0.92-RC3 Beta testing

Jeremy Lakeman

Jul 28, 2014, 2:52:07 AM7/28/14
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
What's new;
* MeshMS text messages display delivery notifications and timestamps, and only stored encrypted, but are not backwards compatible with 0.91
* Vastly simplified the connection screen
* Added phone dialler for tablet users
* Our routing protocol has been improved
* The Peer List is more responsive to changing network conditions
* Reduced power consumption in a number of use cases

For a complete list of changes, see https://github.com/servalproject/batphone/blob/release-0.92/CURRENT-RELEASE.md

You can get this build, and any future beta test builds automatically from the google play store;
http://developer.servalproject.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=content:servalmesh:google_play_testing

Or you can side-load it manually from here;
http://developer.servalproject.org/files/beta/Serval_Mesh-0.92-RC3.apk

Please install this release candidate on as many types of devices and android OS versions as you can, and please test messaging and the new connection screen.

Does the checkbox turn on and off each Wi-Fi mode?
Does touching the name correctly navigate to the appropriate settings screen?
Can you get "Ad Hoc Mesh" to work at all?
Though we only expect this to work on rooted phones running android 2.3 or lower. Or on some devices running a custom ROM.