[Sequential] Hey Kids, Comix!

Max

Jul 23, 2011, 6:30:35 AM7/23/11
to sal....@gmail.com
Sequential has posted a new item, 'Hey Kids, Comix!'

Saturday morning comics!

Soooo, how was your week? anyone in north america is probably answering “sweaty!”. Yeah mine too. Not been too productive but at the least I wanted get a comics post in.

Found some new [for me] stuff to share with you. Sucking up AC to beet the heat i’ve been exploring Google+ a lot. One thing that’s come out of it is there’s a lot of great comics art being posted to there. And that Eric Orchard is now the central hub of cartoonists on the site.

Discovered many new artists, some thanks to Eric, including cartoonists. If you’re one yourself I’d consider having a look at the G+ network – the image galleries are very nice, makes for a good reading format. Could see some people using it for a web comic page full on in the future.

Ok, all right, enough geek talk, on with the comics…

animicwizconcroud

animicwizconcroud

river_jump_sm+txt_214

river_jump_sm+txt_214

bkgrndbag

bkgrndbag

Mortimer the Slug meets Dave

Mortimer the Slug meets Dave

flash

flash

hopful_2

hopful_2

triton2

triton2

calvin

calvin

press photo of host Alexis O'Hara

AlexisOHara

press photo of host Alexis O'Hara

Expozinelogo_2009

Expozinelogo_2009

300

300

JasonandManien

JasonandManien

MartaChudolinska

MartaChudolinska

ColleenMacIsaac

ColleenMacIsaac

AaronLeighton

AaronLeighton

KellyTindall

KellyTindall

lose2

lose2

lose2coversmall

lose2coversmall

grickle

grickle

fantasticfourfrancais

fantasticfourfrancais

poof

poof

tyranny

tyranny

mess

mess

cover_hot_pot

cover_hot_pot

kamienskiheader

kamienskiheader

dyed-easter-eggs

dyed-easter-eggs

bun-toons-logo-small

bun-toons-logo-small

mountie

mountie

23e fbdfq

23bd

king kong on the chateau laurier

23bd

23bd

mountie

mountie

nina_main_pic

nina_main_pic

Still from the library scene in the opening of "Ghostbusters" (1984) - Criterion & RCA/Columbia

GBinthelibrary

bb

bb

Click for a big copy!

Click for a big copy!

magicpencroped

magicpencroped

Mirror Mind Cover

Mirror Mind Cover

The NY Daily News said: One of the most exciting reads from this year's MoCCA Festival is Tory Woollcott's graphic memoir 'Mirror Mind.' It chronicles some of her experiences growing up with dyslexia. Her book also includes a host of resources for those who want to learn more about dyslexia. More information can be found at her website maybemumkin.com.

steacy

steacy

siegel and shuster's funnyman cover

funny

sh

sh

ns3

ns3

collectorsdream3cover

collectorsdream3cover

wilson_big

wilson_big

abom

abom

abs

abs

lose2

lose2

monopoly-go-to-jail-card

monopoly-go-to-jail-card

PatLee

PatLee

gate-fold pencils in the works

gate-fold pencils in the works

bedelys10

bedelys10

ff3

ff3

pico

pico

rapport

rapport

paulq

paulq

tuer

tuer

mome

mome

hydro

hydro

kenk

kenk

obro

obro

rabble_poster

rabble_poster

hb

hb

unde

unde

unde

unde

mort107127

mort107127

mort104114

mort104114

doucetlino

doucetlino

wolv

wolv

wolv

wolv

calgary

calgary

rom

rom

joes

joes

SequentialPulp2Index

SequentialPulp2Index

Sequential Pulp 2

Sequential Pulp 2

tcaf

tcaf

cosmix2

cosmix2

yow

yow

yow

yow

seed_web2

seed_web2

facebookshot2

facebookshot2

fichtre

fichtre

stooth

stooth

selves

selves

moncon

moncon

claremont

claremont

claremont

claremont

kenk1

kenk1

lappatom

lappatom

hot

hot

pasteque

pasteque

woodring

woodring

magnus1

magnus1

patscar-570x384

patscar-570x384

beatharbin

beatharbin

dan_clowes_int_banner

dan_clowes_int_banner

catland

catland

538353147_584c1e03a4

538353147_584c1e03a4

cartblachelaunch11

cartblachelaunch11

windi

windi

mortvsturtal

mortvsturtal

dance1

dance1

TO_GET_HER_update_05_18_10

TO_GET_HER_update_05_18_10

youtubecomic

youtubecomic

34ce405a461d925fca118d30048f

34ce405a461d925fca118d30048f

SID BARRON INVITE

SID BARRON INVITE

jsa2010_poster

jsa2010_poster

vancc

vancc

kalman-dazzler-page-1-1024x801

kalman-dazzler-page-1-1024x801

dare

dare

DSCN2102

DSCN2102

dareguelph

dareguelph

Alison Dare vs Downtown Guelph!

157

157

Sasquatch1

Sasquatch1

Sasquatch2

Sasquatch2

Sasquatch3

Sasquatch3

sasquatch4

sasquatch4

wacom-cintiq-21ux

wacom-cintiq-21ux

nipper1

nipper1

35785_401227982101_587767101_4792512_3800047_n

35785_401227982101_587767101_4792512_3800047_n

mort156259

mort156259

THUMB_WARRIORS

THUMB_WARRIORS

Ty Templeton's Pacifica

Ty Templeton's Pacifica

Strips.indd

Strips.indd

summer yet 003

summer yet 003

Our only hope is to imagine that the store may reemerge in the long-term.

Our only hope is to imagine that the store may reemerge in the long-term.

500

500

500years

500years

0 empire(cover)

0 empire(cover)

aa-introduction-websize

aa-introduction-websize

41778_138226396204448_4934_n

41778_138226396204448_4934_n

cover to wanderlust by megan speers

wander

pas1

pas1

pas3

pas3

pas4

pas4

pas5

pas5

stuart and kathryn immonen at taf 2010

imm

Kathryn and Stuart Immonen at TCAF 2010

moving pictures graphic novel cover

moving

move2

move2

moving_pictures_01

moving_pictures_01

moving_pictures_02

moving_pictures_02

moving_pictures_03

moving_pictures_03

moving_pictures_04

moving_pictures_04

moving_pictures_05

moving_pictures_05

moving_pictures_06

moving_pictures_06

moving_pictures_07

moving_pictures_07

moving_pictures_08

moving_pictures_08

moving_pictures_09

moving_pictures_09

moving_pictures_10

moving_pictures_10

moving_pictures_11

moving_pictures_11

moving_pictures_12

moving_pictures_12

cellar

cellar

Comic Cellar #1, 1980 (cover by Freeman/St.Aubin)

cellar

Comic Cellar #1, 1980 (cover by Freeman/St.Aubin)

indoor voice jillian tamaki

indoor

00harvey-portrait

00harvey-portrait

Fant-flyer3

Fant-flyer3

guardphone

guardphone

contestgrafic

contestgrafic

BrunoSteppuhn

BrunoSteppuhn

forthewin

forthewin

spiff

spiff

fabfrontpg

fabfrontpg

fabreadrise

fabreadrise

readercu

readercu

miz

miz

Mizuki

Mizuki

seth-canadian-woman

seth-canadian-woman

scotplay

scotplay

41780_147400838608261_98_n

41780_147400838608261_98_n

glam14

glam14

tower

tower

orc5

orc5

sullivan

sullivan

Scott Pilgrim's finest hour [6]

Scott Pilgrim's finest hour [6]

canada_jack1942-711741_bigger

canada_jack1942-711741_bigger

spvw

spvw

Smoked-dehors

Smoked-dehors

Dreamlifepage50

Dreamlifepage50

Raven Kept Walking

Raven Kept Walking

Raven Kept Walking2

Raven Kept Walking2

2010-08-01

2010-08-01

mort184346

mort184346

superman-vs-jesus-revised

superman-vs-jesus-revised

tx-logo

tx-logo

Richard Langlois - photo from Archives La Tribune, by Jocelyn Riendeau

Richard Langlois - photo from Archives La Tribune, by Jocelyn Riendeau

Raven Kept Walking #3

Raven Kept Walking #3

Raven Kept Walking #4

Raven Kept Walking #4

Raven Kept Walking #5

Raven Kept Walking #5

jaspersp

jaspersp

Fiddle song, click me to read the text! [bigger version]

Fiddle song, click me to read the text! [bigger version]

San Diego ComicCon Comicumentary, part three by Gabrielle Bell

San Diego ComicCon Comicumentary, part three by Gabrielle Bell

ZEGAS act 1 on act-i-vate

ZEGAS act 1 on act-i-vate

the pointer always sniffs twice

the pointer always sniffs twice

alphasoul

alphasoul

alphasoul

alphasoul

rutngully

rutngully

monostorefront

monostorefront

monostorefront

monostorefront

skullkickers

skullkickers

mm

mm

pace

pace

pace

pace

kick Ass Annie by Christopher Kuzma

kick Ass Annie by Christopher Kuzma

Ernest Borgnine Cosplayers Overrun FanExpo

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ernest Borgnine Cosplayers Overrun FanExpo

I am the Great and Powerful FanExpo!  Pay no attention to that giant line-up behind the curtain!

fanexpowelcome

I am the Great and Powerful FanExpo! Pay no attention to that giant line-up behind the curtain!

Welcome to FanExpo!  Now Get in Line! (borrowed from @mrs_the_monarch on twitter)

butterfly

Welcome to FanExpo! Now Get in Line! (borrowed from @mrs_the_monarch on twitter)

borg9a

borg9a

Retail from 'Chimo' by David Collier

Retail from 'Chimo' by David Collier

CANADAINARTstoryclip

CANADAINARTstoryclip

2010 Fan Expo 215

2010 Fan Expo 215

avenger

avenger

Ernest Borgnine 4

Ernest Borgnine 4

One Sentence Stories by Matt Bain and Paul Berry, illustration by Amelia Robinson

One Sentence Stories by Matt Bain and Paul Berry, illustration by Amelia Robinson

jellaby

jellaby

montreal

montreal

doucetny

doucetny

fans part three

fans part three

RED-hardcover-MNY

RED-hardcover-MNY

Raven Kept Walking8

Raven Kept Walking8

mort207390coffee

mort207390coffee

sintitulo105

sintitulo105

crosstowntrafic

crosstowntrafic

Fur Bikini vs Apocalypse

bikini

Fur Bikini vs Apocalypse

Fur Bikini vs Apocalypse

bikini

Fur Bikini vs Apocalypse

Chester Brown, Summer 2010

chester

Chester Brown, Summer 2010

PAYING

PAYING

Oh_Brother.20100918_large

Oh_Brother.20100918_large

batman-vs-levathian-th

batman-vs-levathian-th

2010-09-17-magicpen_44

2010-09-17-magicpen_44

katebeatonguestsm

katebeatonguestsm

forestfunies

forestfunies

hunting-of-the-snark_15.3

hunting-of-the-snark_15.3

Metaphysical Neuroma

Metaphysical Neuroma

sequential-crispaulos

sequential-crispaulos

skullkickers_01_cover

skullkickers_01_cover

bent

bent

International Festival of Authors

International Festival of Authors

WOWEEZONK3BABAYAGA

WOWEEZONK3BABAYAGA

seqlogo-fall2010

seqlogo-fall2010

Dave Sim's Last Signing?

LastSign

Dave Sim's Last Signing?

inkcrop

inkcrop

2489 Creating Comics with  co-taught by Mariko Tamaki (Skim, Emiko Superstar) and illustrator and writer Willow Dawson (No Girls Allowed),

2489 Creating Comics with co-taught by Mariko Tamaki (Skim, Emiko Superstar) and illustrator and writer Willow Dawson (No Girls Allowed),

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

HU-ComicStrip7

HU-ComicStrip7

cr-bell-01

cr-bell-01

websized

websized

Michael18

Michael18

Peeling Onions Press

Peeling Onions Press

c-156-2

c-156-2

book cover image for taxali's this is silly

silly

Pirhana is Loose #1 written by Dave Darrigo

pir

Pirhana is Loose #1 written by Dave Darrigo

Tangles by Sarah Leavitt

tangles

Tangles by Sarah Leavitt

tangles

tangles

Salgood Sam, Madge Colleran @ Wright Awards

DSCN1982

Salgood Sam, Madge Colleran @ Wright Awards

Wright Awards

DSCN1983

Wright Awards

Sequential @ The Wright Awards

DSCN1987

Sequential @ The Wright Awards

Wright Awards

DSCN1989

Wright Awards

Wright Awards after-party

DSCN1992

Wright Awards after-party

Wright Awards after-party

DSCN1993

Wright Awards after-party

Wright Awards after-party

DSCN1994

Wright Awards after-party

Wright Awards after-party

DSCN1995

Wright Awards after-party

Wright Awards after-party

DSCN1996

Wright Awards after-party

Wright Awards after-party

DSCN1997

Wright Awards after-party

TCAF

DSCN2004

TCAF

TCAF

DSCN2007

TCAF

TCAF

DSCN2009

TCAF

TCAF

jobnik

TCAF

TCAF

DSCN2010

TCAF

TCAF

DSCN2011

TCAF

TCAF

DSCN2012

TCAF

DSCN2003

DSCN2003

The 2005 - 2010 Sequential Team: Dave Howard, Max Douglas, Bryan Munn

The 2005 - 2010 Sequential Team: Dave Howard, Max Douglas, Bryan Munn

The 2005 - 2010 Sequential Team: Dave Howard, Max Douglas, Bryan Munn

babayaga

babayaga

PV20.cover:Layout

PV20.cover:Layout

OUTFIT

OUTFIT

nipper1963

nipper1963

sweet

sweet

sweet

sweet

kraven

kraven

BattleDivision

BattleDivision

kissingchaos

kissingchaos

Book of the NOT Dead

Book of the NOT Dead

tumblr_l9zdw6f0jd1qe1wvro1_500

tumblr_l9zdw6f0jd1qe1wvro1_500

IMG_6374

IMG_6374

300px-captaincanada

300px-captaincanada

speeds

speeds

NIGHTSCHOOL4

NIGHTSCHOOL4

pants

pants

grickle_con

grickle_con

50280_170500892963383_946496_n

50280_170500892963383_946496_n

50355_165308673480765_5146_n

50355_165308673480765_5146_n

Monkeytown Comix Jam

Monkeytown Comix Jam

Vancouver Comic Jam: October Edition - too cool for school, you missed it fool!

Vancouver Comic Jam: October Edition - too cool for school, you missed it fool!

Montreal Comix Jam

Montreal Comix Jam

Connor Willumsen

Connor Willumsen

Caitlin Black and Broken Pencil present Puppet Slam 2010

tears

Caitlin Black and Broken Pencil present Puppet Slam 2010

tyranny

tyranny

Dudley Do-Right #1, Charlton Comics

dud

Dudley Do-Right #1, Charlton Comics

Pumpkin Blues, A Hallowe'en Story by Eric Orchard

Pumpkin Blues, A Hallowe'en Story by Eric Orchard

Oh Brother by Bob Weber Jr. and Jay Stephens

Oh Brother by Bob Weber Jr. and Jay Stephens

Hark a Vagrant - not just another pretty face with fangs.

Hark a Vagrant - not just another pretty face with fangs.

The Happy Undertaker presents 'Friday's Fables' Episode 11 on Strange Kid Club by Drazen Kozjan

The Happy Undertaker presents 'Friday's Fables' Episode 11 on Strange Kid Club by Drazen Kozjan

Something a bit more seasonal for me to help make up, spooky baby!

Something a bit more seasonal for me to help make up, spooky baby!

jamcover

jamcover

illegal_batman

illegal_batman

Mytho_Frankenstein

Mytho_Frankenstein

case morrissette pour blog

case morrissette pour blog

jamlogo2010

jamlogo2010

RISE OF THE OCTOMOOSE!  Recent works of paintings, drawings, dioramas and limited edition prints   by  Jen, Jasper & Le Mantastique !

RISE OF THE OCTOMOOSE! Recent works of paintings, drawings, dioramas and limited edition prints by Jen, Jasper & Le Mantastique !

Scott Chantler vs The World (see last item)

qq

Scott Chantler vs The World (see last item)

speak

speak

Photo by Clay Geerdes "another undergrounder gone"

Photo by Clay Geerdes "another undergrounder gone"

donohue-apex-revised1

donohue-apex-revised1

winni

winni

winni

winni

48

48

Pet Sitter by Tim Hamilton

Pet Sitter by Tim Hamilton

grumpy-detective_01_450px

grumpy-detective_01_450px

I AM, THEREFORE I THINK

I AM, THEREFORE I THINK

new england webcomics weekend

new england webcomics weekend

Batman & Robin 16

Batman & Robin 16

grey supreme cover

grey supreme cover

Herbie by Bing Coughlin

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Herbie by Bing Coughlin

assassins-creed-the-fall-1

assassins-creed-the-fall-1

CRtop10-360

CRtop10-360

lepos

lepos

expozine2010poster_2

expozine2010poster_2

Saturday Morning Science Comics by Ty! In Drag! Yay!

Saturday Morning Science Comics by Ty! In Drag! Yay!

Hard Drive issue 1: online

Hard Drive issue 1: online

Sketches in Russia for Assassin's Creed: The Fall

Sketches in Russia for Assassin's Creed: The Fall

chantler2

chantler2

chantler1

chantler1

Scott Chantler and his "sweatshop" of comics colourists.

chantler2

Scott Chantler and his "sweatshop" of comics colourists.

chantler2

chantler2

feather

feather

suddenly something happened

suddenly something happened

LogoSalon

LogoSalon

stain1

stain1

fallcomic

fallcomic

dtn

dtn

Astronaut by Samara Leibner

Astronaut by Samara Leibner

woodgodA

woodgodA

tsk018

tsk018

niennunb

niennunb

HU_FF_15_V1

HU_FF_15_V1

bookmanager

bookmanager

sk6

sk6

ob

ob

pook

pook

The Penguin, originally created by Adrian Dingle.

peng_c_s

The Penguin, originally created by Adrian Dingle.

CovetedNails

CovetedNails

Ella01

Ella01

Ella02

Ella02

Ella03

Ella03

Ella04

Ella04

Ella05

Ella05

Ella06

Ella06

Ella07

Ella07

Ella08

Ella08

Ella09

Ella09

Ella10

Ella10

ghostie-01

ghostie-01

ghostie-02

ghostie-02

ghostie-03

ghostie-03

ghostie-04

ghostie-04

sandcastles page1eng

sandcastles page1eng

sandcastles page2eng

sandcastles page2eng

sandcastles page3eng

sandcastles page3eng

sandcastles page4eng

sandcastles page4eng

sandcastles page5eng

sandcastles page5eng

page_01

page_01

images

images

sandcastles page5

sandcastles page5

blank

blank

spfig

spfig

bentstuds

bentstuds

courses

courses

CovetedNails

CovetedNails

cjtornov

cjtornov

movember monkey

movember monkey

Frenching by Immediate Productions & Joe Ollmann.

Frenching by Immediate Productions & Joe Ollmann.

santarace

santarace

BC_CF_TOUR

BC_CF_TOUR

Bigfootlaunch

Bigfootlaunch

DECEMBER 1ST, 2010 | SAVING THROW

DECEMBER 1ST, 2010 | SAVING THROW

Aardehn 83

Aardehn 83

DECEMBER 3RD, 2010 | SIXTY-SEVEN!

DECEMBER 3RD, 2010 | SIXTY-SEVEN!

Dream Life page 55

Dream Life page 55

the rise and fall of it all page eight

the rise and fall of it all page eight

piggy-websize-rev

piggy-websize-rev

I don't think people like me...

I don't think people like me...

apple

apple

mtlminicon

mtlminicon

eisner

eisner

eisner

eisner

previews

previews

sweet tooth2 window display

SWEET2

A cute display window for the upcoming Sweet Tooth Vol 2 at The Dragon in Guelph.

20101207freelanceblues4

20101207freelanceblues4

20101207freelanceblues5

20101207freelanceblues5

The Moon, 1902

moon

The Moon, 1902

20101207freelanceblues2

20101207freelanceblues2

Ian Daffern

Ian Daffern

20101209_dave_figure

20101209_dave_figure

afro

afro

Afrodisiac by Jim Rugg and Brian Maruca.

aloo

aloo

illustration by Jeremy Kai for the Torontoist

20101214_kieffervillain

illustration by Jeremy Kai for the Torontoist

Orc Stain Volume 1

orc

Orc Stain Volume 1

vestibulles43

vestibulles43

dinobook

dinobook

Kate at the NY comic con

Kate at the NY comic con

05paranoidalfan100w

05paranoidalfan100w

113

113

Click to read the full strip on her site.

Click to read the full strip on her site.

roses smell

roses smell

roses smell

roses smell

realist43EN

realist43EN

tsk022

tsk022

2010-12-15

2010-12-15

diary-12-web

diary-12-web

zanta1

zanta1

2010-12-16-magicpen_52

2010-12-16-magicpen_52

Oracle

Oracle

krampus

krampus

ConnorWillumsen

ConnorWillumsen

grey

grey

reid

reid

klondike

klondike

The Communist Manifesto Illustrated

The Communist Manifesto Illustrated

mascotslaunch

mascotslaunch

mascotslaunch

mascotslaunch

front-cover-imageb

front-cover-imageb

5281762641_dddb3b36ca

5281762641_dddb3b36ca

whalleyxmas

whalleyxmas

4

4

9_10

9_10

14

14

18

18

st

st

cover of Chimo by David Collier

chimowebcover4

The Book in the Ruff

maxatdinercroped

maxatdinercroped

dirk

dirk

vintny

vintny

rex

rex

A Rex Wood's New Year's illo.

green ghost panel

greenghost

"Like a spectre, our hero silently rises."

cover to Paul au parc by Michel Rabagliati

parc

cover to Paul au parc by Michel Rabagliati

tcaf21

tcaf21

dragonbd2

dragonbd2

dragonbd1

dragonbd1

onward

onward

insurge

insurge

jury1

jury1

jury2

jury2

husk

husk

husk

husk

PARKERCARDS

PARKERCARDS

ripple1

ripple1

lastday

lastday

essex2

essex2

paulaffair

paulaffair

paul1

paul1

king1

king1

pyong

pyong

skim90

skim90

sprott20

sprott20

scottpilgrim

scottpilgrim

pilpost

pilpost

sketchbook notes by Dalton taken during the round table

sketchbook notes by Dalton taken during the round table

odd

odd

newn

newn

WareSelfPortraitWeb-715915

WareSelfPortraitWeb-715915

warlordsofio

warlordsofio

Emperor Zing, the Reluctant Warlord of IO Would Rather be in a Rock Band

zing

Emperor Zing, the Reluctant Warlord of IO Would Rather be in a Rock Band

Moxy Comet is a Archaeologist Specializing in the History of the Tiki Pirates

moxy

drawingcomics1

drawingcomics1

io

io

One thing I was trying to do was tie-in to this sort of Japanese cute factor.

D&D sketchbook 2010

D&D sketchbook 2010

Medley2.jpg

Medley2.jpg

DIRECTINPUT~ This image has been directly inputted by the user. The photo desk has not viewed this image or cleared rights to the image. The image will be purged from Merlin in 14 days unless it is outputted for production or arrangements are made with the photo desk. Seth for Weekend Post

sleazy slice

sleazy slice

gmanor4

gmanor4

wortonland

wortonland

wortonland

wortonland

bent

bent

sauvages

sauvages

aspic

aspic

comedie

comedie

conventum

conventum

sauvages

sauvages

Flash back of fun....

Flash back of fun....

shortbald4

shortbald4

Did the Terror Twins keep Patricia Highsmith tied up in comics or were they responsible for a disciplined apprenticehsip in plot and mayhem?

blackterror2

Did the Terror Twins keep Patricia Highsmith tied up in comics or were they responsible for a disciplined apprenticehsip in plot and mayhem?

n_a

n_a

davie

davie

Weird SuspenStories #2, 1953 (Superior, published in Canada)

002_Weird_Suspenstories_535px

Weird SuspenStories #2, 1953 (Superior, published in Canada)

20110121streakers1

20110121streakers1

20110121streakers2

20110121streakers2

Xavier: Dedicated to the Cause

20110121streakersxavier

Xavier: Dedicated to the Cause

Tim: Afraid to Take Off

20110121streakerstim

Tim: Afraid to Take Off

Doug: A.K.A The Masked Pervert

20110121streakersdoug

20110121streakerstimscareer

20110121streakerstimscareer

It's Gettin' Hot Out Here

20110121streakersladies

It's Gettin' Hot Out Here

20110121beforethestreak

20110121beforethestreak

zorka_carte_blanche_frontofcard

zorka_carte_blanche_frontofcard

more than one way to tell a story....

more than one way to tell a story....

send us your comics!

send us your comics!

20110123squeaks

20110123squeaks

Kid Koala Presents Music To Draw To

Kid Koala Presents Music To Draw To

Young artists of Regina show their stuff.

Young artists of Regina show their stuff.

CCA_Approval

CCA_Approval

LEMIRE211

LEMIRE211

Clement Sauve 1977-2011

Clement Sauve 1977-2011

Clement Sauve - "just for fun"

Clement Sauve - "just for fun"

snark_poster_d_n_q_QR

snark_poster_d_n_q_QR

snark_poster_d_n_q_QR

snark_poster_d_n_q_QR

mapleleaf

mapleleaf

cat rackmjham cover art

cat rackmjham cover art

asterix vs. tintin

asterix vs. tintin

colin upton comics

colin upton comics

BLUE

BLUE

what cops can & cannot get away with

what cops can & cannot get away with

mortimer the slug

mortimer the slug

Bookcover

Bookcover

Entropy6-1

Entropy6-1

in china i'm told it's only rude to watch people eat!

in china i'm told it's only rude to watch people eat!

Dream Life page 61

Dream Life page 61

WILD THINGS PAGE ONE

WILD THINGS PAGE ONE

cbell

cbell

Fiona Staples' cover for Acts of Violence: An Anthology of Crime Comics (New Reliable Press), one of the works that led to her nomination for Outstanding Comic Book Cover Artist

aov_cover_sm

Fiona Staples' cover for Acts of Violence: An Anthology of Crime Comics (New Reliable Press), one of the works that led to her nomination for Outstanding Comic Book Cover Artist

monsterparty

monsterparty

Layout 1

Layout 1

Harold Fenn - Photo from the Handout/Merlin Archives

H.B. Fenn blamed “the loss of distribution lines, shrinking margins and the significant shift to e-books” for their financial difficulties.

Harold Fenn - Photo from the Handout/Merlin Archives

jsa2007logo

jsa2007logo

38

38

powersuitsm

powersuitsm

Dream Journal nov30

Dream Journal nov30

Dream Journal nov28

Dream Journal nov28

Dream Journal nov29

Dream Journal nov29

2011-01-12

2011-01-12

worms eye view

worms eye view

squirrel chew

squirrel chew

"police procedural"

"police procedural"

An anxious journey begins

An anxious journey begins

Catch Up

Catch Up

the long scrolling sator willumsen, first part...

the long scrolling sator willumsen, first part...

Dream Life | a late coming of age

Dream Life | a late coming of age

2011_comicon_feb6

2011_comicon_feb6

fantlife

fantlife

IMG_0784

IMG_0784

marymud

marymud

monks2

monks2

zita

zita

midlife

midlife

sp1

sp1

sp1

sp1

2011-01-26-magicpen_55

2011-01-26-magicpen_55

021011

021011

6_4a4ac180802acb4a94cb31efe3240c9c

6_4a4ac180802acb4a94cb31efe3240c9c

2011-01-04-chapter-4-page-07

2011-01-04-chapter-4-page-07

2011-02-07

2011-02-07

2011-02-09-page27

2011-02-09-page27

2011-02-07-0105

2011-02-07-0105

2011-02-10-dc-prison08

2011-02-10-dc-prison08

2011-02-12-063

2011-02-12-063

2011-02-12-WILDTHINGS PAGE THREE-75cb55e4

2011-02-12-WILDTHINGS PAGE THREE-75cb55e4

franken

franken

notfamous

notfamous

Graphic-Details_logo_test_web

Graphic-Details_logo_test_web

cj210

cj210

catland-empire-gn-mar100916

catland-empire-gn-mar100916

Catland-Empire-5

Catland-Empire-5

bacter

bacter

20110216greysupreme

20110216greysupreme

20110216swallow

20110216swallow

20110216doublerainbow

20110216doublerainbow

20110216redrainbow

20110216redrainbow

20110216hands1

20110216hands1

20110216hands2

20110216hands2

20110216hands3

20110216hands3

20130216hand4

20130216hand4

20110216bricklapp

20110216bricklapp

20130216brickgerhard

20130216brickgerhard

launch_image3

launch_image3

20120216bricksgerhard

20120216bricksgerhard

20120216akulla

20120216akulla

20120216stclair-oakwood

20120216stclair-oakwood

mountiebots

mountiebots

2011215-mosaik_sample

2011215-mosaik_sample

IMG_0171

IMG_0171

174693_194942547199995_859953_n

174693_194942547199995_859953_n

val1

val1

20110218darkenergy

20110218darkenergy

20110219grawlixcomiccover

20110219grawlixcomiccover

drawing at the bar

drawing at the bar

singing1

singing1

sully

sully

romp

romp

romp2

romp2

prisoners

prisoners

20110301alicebcover

20110301alicebcover

20110301_illiterate_alice

20110301_illiterate_alice

20110301_queenstw_alice

20110301_queenstw_alice

20110301_neanderthal_alice

20110301_neanderthal_alice

20110301_readingcomicbooks_alice

20110301_readingcomicbooks_alice

20110301_wild_alice

20110301_wild_alice

20110301_streetcar_alice

20110301_streetcar_alice

20110301_cartalk_alice

20110301_cartalk_alice

20110301_doodling_alice

20110301_doodling_alice

eatons-catalogue_alice

eatons-catalogue_alice

jimmybig

jimmybig

AFF15x23-SoireePrixBedelys2010-PROD-layout

AFF15x23-SoireePrixBedelys2010-PROD-layout

ATOMIC COMIC JAM

ATOMIC COMIC JAM

moosegirl

moosegirl

Nightschool3

Nightschool3

Carton_couv

Carton_couv

The new Comics Journal front page

tcj.com

The new Comics Journal front page

sweettooth17

sweettooth17

sweettooth17

sweettooth17

lookstraightahead

lookstraightahead

sweettooth171

sweettooth171

Eric Drooker designs for the upcoming general strikes in Wisconsin.

Eric Drooker designs for the upcoming general strikes in Wisconsin.

20110309nina1

20110309nina1

20110309nina2

20110309nina2

hours

hours

Book of Hours - office.cube_1

Book of Hours - office.cube_1

Book of Hours - 911_1

Book of Hours - 911_1

atom-sample

atom-sample

fiona_cvr

fiona_cvr

Lila and Ecco’s DIY Comics Club

Lila and Ecco’s DIY Comics Club

the-road-to-god-knows-660x1020

the-road-to-god-knows-660x1020

HeroesPresents

HeroesPresents

fille

fille

parfum

parfum

complex

complex

doug-wright-seal

doug-wright-seal

Fiona Smyth

Fiona Smyth

wiz

wiz

image.axd

image.axd

51_large

51_large

ugo-ditko_288x288

ugo-ditko_288x288

ronin_force_cover_web300

ronin_force_cover_web300

wiz

wiz

march2011_vcc

march2011_vcc

wiz2

wiz2

brown1

brown1

brown1

brown1

comicconjam001

comicconjam001

PascalJoeLibrairieDQ

PascalJoeLibrairieDQ

bull

bull

Me and Sam back when i went by Max and this could be called "Sam and Max" Taken at Quantum Comics circa 1994ish by James Armstrong.

sam and max?

Me and Sam back when i went by Max and this could be called "Sam and Max" Taken at Quantum Comics circa 1994ish by James Armstrong.

nydiary

nydiary

Sunset by DVH

Sunset by DVH

The Machinators - Part 1, Page 13

The Machinators - Part 1, Page 13

KAM_022_b

KAM_022_b

KAM_022_900

KAM_022_900

NATHANSORRY_SC_TRAILER-3

NATHANSORRY_SC_TRAILER-3

2011-01-10-TOTC_pg10

2011-01-10-TOTC_pg10

Fallen-From-The-Sky

Fallen-From-The-Sky

Rob's rip on the left, Ty's work on a Time Warner copyright on the right.

Rob's rip on the left, Ty's original art from Batman and Robin Adventures #1 on the right.

Rob's rip on the left, Ty's work on a Time Warner copyright on the right.

Ty on Rob

Ty on Rob

reididw

reididw

couv_mum_celine_guichard_web-2-030f9

couv_mum_celine_guichard_web-2-030f9

couv_mum_celine_guichard_web-2-030f9

couv_mum_celine_guichard_web-2-030f9

brew

brew

Seth Ipad

Seth Ipad

Production designs by Bryan Lee O'Malley for his newest project.

pilgrim-600

Production designs by Bryan Lee O'Malley for his newest project.

reunion

reunion

etc

etc

yves

yves

streak

streak

yves

yves

glamourpuss-18-jan1108781

glamourpuss-18-jan1108781

sweet_tooth20

sweet_tooth20

savchi

savchi

lydie

lydie

pepe

pepe

suicide

suicide

lespiecescouve

lespiecescouve

2011comiconfront4

2011comiconfront4

the snail on queen

the snail on queen

Prince Valiant 1937-1938

Prince Valiant 1937-1938

cox_plaque

cox_plaque

ting1

ting1

wickspub

wickspub

John_Wilson_Bengough_Plaque

John_Wilson_Bengough_Plaque

flin

flin

jasperstat

jasperstat

onesime

onesime

MIDLIFE.cover_

MIDLIFE.cover_

joewithbook

joewithbook

begopen

begopen

kazoo

kazoo

ollmangirard

ollmangirard

pascalollmanluckys

pascalollmanluckys

SequentialPulp3coverWB

SequentialPulp3coverWB

kazoo1

kazoo1

kazoo zine and comic expo guelph 2011

kazoo1

Crowd participation comics at the Kazoo! Zine & Comic Expo

zviane

zviane

listenercover

listenercover

listenercover

listenercover

The Listener COPY.pmd

The Listener COPY.pmd

The Listener.pmd

The Listener.pmd

The Listener 2.pmd

The Listener 2.pmd

The Listener COPY.pmd

The Listener COPY.pmd

WaltSkeezix1st

WaltSkeezix1st

paulque

paulque

bitter

bitter

ethan rilly ex-montreal

exmont4

YellowKid

YellowKid

YAND3_sm2

YAND3_sm2

001_japan_header

001_japan_header

trieranimal1

trieranimal1

trieranimal2

trieranimal2

TheHuntingoftheSnark

TheHuntingoftheSnark

Nutter, Montreal Herald, Nov 26, 1913

nutter_workingwomen1913

Nutter, Montreal Herald, Nov 26, 1913

Bengough, Grip June 10, 1882

bengough_working1

Bengough, Grip June 10, 1882

Bengough, Grip January 19, 1878

bengough_working2

Bengough, Grip January 19, 1878

bengough_working3

bengough_working3

Woodcut by "Jacques", Masses June 1932

prolet-cult_masses_jun32

Woodcut by "Jacques", Masses June 1932

Masses, January 1934

ric_masses_jan32

Masses, January 1934

Masses, March/April 1934

poolroom_masses_marapr34

Masses, March/April 1934

Masses July/Aug 1932

on2ottawa_masses_julaug32

Masses July/Aug 1932

"Group of Seven" by Avrom, Masses April 1932

avrom_g7_massesapr32

"Group of Seven" by Avrom, Masses April 1932

"Awakening" by Tom Thompson, Masses, June 1932

thompson_masses_jun32

"Awakening" by Tom Thompson, Masses, June 1932

New Frontier cover, June 1936

newfrontier_june36

New Frontier cover, June 1936

Subscription cartoon by Henry Mayerovitch, NF January 1937

santa_mayerovitch_nf37

Subscription cartoon by Henry Mayerovitch, NF January 1937

Mayerovitch, New Frontier, February 1937

mayerovitch_nazi_nffeb37

Mayerovitch, New Frontier, February 1937

Avrom, New Frontier, May 1937

avrom_artist_nf37

Avrom, New Frontier, May 1937

New Frontier, January 1937

hyde_nf_jan37

New Frontier, January 1937

"Bombardment of Abacete" by Laurence Hyde, New Frontier, May 1937

hyde_bombing_nfmay37

"Bombardment of Abacete" by Laurence Hyde, New Frontier, May 1937

"Still Life" by Laurence Hyde, New Frontier, April 1937

hyde_libertad_nfapr37

"Still Life" by Laurence Hyde, New Frontier, April 1937

Laurence Hyde, New Frontier, July/August 1937

hyde_nf_julyaug37

Laurence Hyde, New Frontier, July/August 1937

"Sweat-Shop" by Nathan Petroff, New Frontier, June 1937

sweatshop_nf_jun37

"Sweat-Shop" by Nathan Petroff, New Frontier, June 1937

"Ulysse and the Sirens" by Henri, New Frontier, September 1936 (Caricatures of several Quebec fascists)

henri_nf_sep36

"Ulysse and the Sirens" by Henri, New Frontier, September 1936 (Caricatures of several Quebec fascists)

A. Redfield, New Frontier, April 1936

redfield_nf_apr36

A. Redfield, New Frontier, April 1936

newfrontier_sept36

newfrontier_sept36

Lorenzo Mattotti had a great long interview about this project and his work in general on the Vancouver comics show Inkstuds.

raven-previewart-01

Lorenzo Mattotti had a great long interview about this project and his work in general on the Vancouver comics show Inkstuds.

raven-previewart-02

raven-previewart-02

raven-previewart-03

raven-previewart-03

ravenpreview1

ravenpreview1

ravenpreview2

ravenpreview2

2011 poster

2011 poster

PAYING.webPoster2

PAYING.webPoster2

womenincomicsthumb

womenincomicsthumb

chester brown strip libertarian anarchist freedom trinity spadina olivia chow ndp comic books cartoonist graphic novel prostitution comic strip canadian candada louis riel paying for it drawn and quarterly

chet_jam

chet_jam

chet_jam

EventheGiants2

EventheGiants2

Peekaboo

Even The Giants_big

Jesse Jacobs and Jesse Jacobs Jr. (name unknown)

Jesse-Jacobs-bio

Jesse Jacobs and Jesse Jacobs Jr. (name unknown)

A Jacobs illustration

Jesse Jacobs

A Jacobs illustration

Riker better watch out.

picard-riker-worf-hat

Riker better watch out.

nextday_wordpress1

nextday_wordpress1

shop-ipadthumbs-big1

shop-ipadthumbs-big1

Second floor plan, click to view.

TCAF 2011 map_2nd_floor

Second floor plan, click to view.

TCAF map_1st_floor

TCAF map_1st_floor

Map of the 1st floor, click to view.

Jim Rugg takes on the Koyama Press log. Unfortunately, Rugg will not be at TCAF.

JimRuggKoyama

Jim Rugg takes on the Koyama Press log. Unfortunately, Rugg will not be at TCAF.

RootRotSpread50

RootRotSpread50

The start of Hellen Jo's two page comic.

Hellllllllen

The start of Hellen Jo's two page comic.

Hellllllllen

Hellllllllen

Michael DeForge's Lose #3

LOSE3cover-Small

Michael DeForge's Lose #3

Steve Wolfhard's Cat Rackham Loses It

CatRackham

Steve Wolfhard's Cat Rackham Loses It

Chris Eliopoulos' Monster Party

monster-party

Chris Eliopoulos' Monster Party

Jim Rugg on the Koyama logo. Unfortunately, Rugg will not be at TCAF this year.

JimRuggKoyama

Jim Rugg on the Koyama logo. Unfortunately, Rugg will not be at TCAF this year.

Cat Rackham hates mondays too. Fan art by: http://www.blogger.com/profile/17009883477512096468

catrackhamMyhre copy

Cat Rackham hates mondays too. Fan art by: http://www.blogger.com/profile/17009883477512096468

Kraatz in Studio. Photo from Conundrum Press.

RKraatzstudio

Kraatz in Studio. Photo from Conundrum Press.

Snaps Cover

Snaps

Snaps Cover

TCAF 2011

TCAF 2011

R. Sikoryak covers the Doug Wright Awards.

tcaf11_sikoryak

R. Sikoryak covers the Doug Wright Awards.

The Sequential Team

tcaf11_sequential2

The Sequential Team

Conundrum's Andy Brown vs King-Cat's John Porcellino

tcaf11_porcellinoandybrown

Conundrum's Andy Brown vs King-Cat's John Porcellino

Chester Brown

tcaf11_chester2

Chester Brown

tcaf11_stokoe

tcaf11_stokoe

primate

primate

Dustin Harbin: Day One @ the DWA & TCAF

Dustin Harbin: Day One @ the DWA & TCAF

gable

gable

image002

image002

203513_209987935698871_5420421_n

203513_209987935698871_5420421_n

PAYING.jacket_web

PAYING.jacket_web

cho_genet

cho_genet

rapture-bun-toons-websize

rapture-bun-toons-websize

Jason_Haps_01

Jason_Haps_01

premonitions

premonitions

052011

052011

religions

religions

Evading Rapture

Evading Rapture

TCAF Therefore Repent strip

TCAF Therefore Repent strip

Woof!

Woof!

2!

2!

203608_147783038628216_3511387_n

203608_147783038628216_3511387_n

someday

someday

pay

pay

eliz

eliz

02raymondjamesromberger

02raymondjamesromberger

herm

herm

velasquez

velasquez

talesfarm_06

talesfarm_06

PUREPJScoverlg

PUREPJScoverlg

bannock

bannock

500

500

alpha_fear

alpha_fear

AD.WELCOME2ODDVILLE.72

AD.WELCOME2ODDVILLE.72

paris-day2-1

paris-day2-1

Joe all over the place

Joe all over the place

calg_logo

calg_logo

mysterysociety_vol1

mysterysociety_vol1

7th Annual Joe Shuster Awards

7th Annual Joe Shuster Awards

MON QUI TOWNE #86: LITTLE, BROKEN & BLUE

MON QUI TOWNE #86: LITTLE, BROKEN & BLUE

MQT #84: WAAAAAAAAAAA

MQT #84: WAAAAAAAAAAA

Mon Qui Towne #81 POOPITY POOPY POOPER POOP

Mon Qui Towne #81 POOPITY POOPY POOPER POOP

artofdougsneyd

artofdougsneyd

artofdougsneyd

artofdougsneyd

beaton_calgary

beaton_calgary

calgary

calgary

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne #88

mqt_lettershome1

mqt_lettershome1

mqt_lettershome2

mqt_lettershome2

mqt_lettershome3

mqt_lettershome3

mqt_lettershome4

mqt_lettershome4

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_lettershome1

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_lettershome4

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_lettershome3

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_lettershome2

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_lettershome4

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_lettershome1

From Howard the Duck #9 by Gene Colan and writer Steve Gerber

HTD9_LeBeaver

From Howard the Duck #9 by Gene Colan and writer Steve Gerber

snowball jam1

snowball jam1

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_89_teri_loves_the_islan

All images © Eric Dyck 2011

All images © Eric Dyck 2011

mqt_89_teri_loves_the_islan

CDBLF_suitcase

CDBLF_suitcase

what's in your suitcase?

what's in your suitcase?

prince

prince

Alpha Flight, created by some dreadfully politically correct parliamentary subcommittee of the federal Heritage Department called Department "H".

Alpha Flight, created by some dreadfully politically correct parliamentary subcommittee of the federal Heritage Department called Department "H".

supermunn

supermunn

adam

adam

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_90_pidgeons_in_love

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_90_pidgeons_in_love

herbiehammock

herbiehammock

herbiehammock2

herbiehammock2

Power Man & Iron Fist

Power Man & Iron Fist

Superboy

Superboy

zot

zot

Mazing Man

Mazing Man

Master of Kung Fu

Master of Kung Fu

Iron Man

Iron Man

flash

flash

Captain America

Captain America

Captain America

Captain America

batman

batman

Secret-TM-Maple1

Secret-TM-Maple1

Jim_Burke-Russ-1988-comicon1

Jim_Burke-Russ-1988-comicon1

Secret-tm-maple-pg3-72dpi

Secret-tm-maple-pg3-72dpi

Secret-tm-maple-pg2-72dpi

Secret-tm-maple-pg2-72dpi

TM-Maple-illo-72-dpi

TM-Maple-illo-72-dpi

manboots

manboots

pino

pino

omalleyposter

omalleyposter

covder of lament for a nation by george grant

lament

popup

popup

MPPNYreadingandslideshow

MPPNYreadingandslideshow

niagara_falls_comic-con

niagara_falls_comic-con

niagara_falls_comic-con

niagara_falls_comic-con

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

Signs of Summer

presspop

presspop

Photograph of Seth (by Jonathan Bennett) 2009-2010

Photograph of Seth (by Jonathan Bennett) 2009-2010

kim pine cosplay from Bryan Lee O'Malley Beguiling signing

BLO signing day-18

diabetes

diabetes

Kate Beaton's first New Yorker illo

Kate Beaton's first New Yorker illo

Joeshusterlogo

Joeshusterlogo

One of the most recent Canadian winners of a Xeric grant: Nick Maandag's Streakers.

maandag

One of the most recent Canadian winners of a Xeric grant: Nick Maandag's Streakers.

The Xeric Foundation's upcoming 20th anniversary will bring  a changed focus in grant-giving.

The Xeric Foundation's upcoming 20th anniversary will bring a changed focus in grant-giving.

"To Get Her" by Bernie Mireault, creator of "The jam".

"To Get Her" by Bernie Mireault, creator of "The jam".

A panel of "To Get Her" by Bernie Mireault, creator of "The jam". The long awaited book is a new chapter in the story of Gordon Kirby from the Jam book.

Chiaroscuro by Troy Litttle

Chiaroscuro by Troy Litttle

Troy Little's "Chiaroscuro". A 2001 Xeric grant winner.

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_92_l_homme_d_ankara

baobab1

baobab1

habibi

habibi

baobab1

baobab1

The cast of Richard Comely's Capt. Canuck, illustrated by George Freeman.

canuckfreeman

The cast of Richard Comely's Capt. Canuck, illustrated by George Freeman.

Eric Dyck's Mon Qui Towne

mqt_93_accordion_faces

jerusalem

jerusalem

elwy

elwy

superman04detail

superman04detail

mmemervweb

mmemervweb

American Elf diary comic by James Kochalka

American Elf diary comic by James Kochalka

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Oliver has a nightmare on American Elf! I was lucky, didn't get one myself till i was into my 20s. Sadly now it's razor burn anytime i want to be smooth. James in case you had not heard, has been appointed Vermont's first Cartoonist Laureate!

Cover for Even The Giants

EvenTheGiants

Even the Giants Cover

TCAF floor shot

TCAF floor shot

Seems everyone got one from this angle, maybe we can animate them all later.

01

01

6 of 12 short cuts for drawing hands by Grant Snider!

6 of 12 short cuts for drawing hands by Grant Snider!

INCIDENTAL COMICS - Read the full version of this and more fun strips by Grant here @ thoughtballoonhelium.blogspot.com

The Secret Knots, "The Unseen". By Juan Santapau

The Secret Knots, "The Unseen". By Juan Santapau

With these posts I try to highlight the best work I can find. For my money The Secret Knots is right on the top of the list. These one off short stories are almost always compelling and the art is lovely and well observed. Juan has another thoughtful knot posted on his site earlier this month.
The Secret Knots

Teen Art

Teen Art

"Ripping off Robert Crumb & Peter Max in my tweens trying to imagine what psychedelia must be like."

googleplus

googleplus

This is 65 by Jonathan Eaton

This is 65 by Jonathan Eaton

A fun gag webcomic, the last few posts have been pretty well done colour comics that feel king of like the pop culture version of Hark a Vagrant. Not quite up to Kate's game yet but he shows some promise! This is 65

design_fortress1

design_fortress1

More adult Diary comics with Dustin Harbbin.

More adult Diary comics with Dustin Harbbin.

~click on the art to read the comics!~

A nice one here by at tall light and funny guy from down south. Plan to pick up one of his books at TCAF for sure this year. Dustin has a great sense of humor and humanity in his work, manages to be pretty poignant without getting corny or saccharin.

TCAF book signing

TCAF book signing

02

02

8 of 52 new bun-toons titles, all at once!

8 of 52 new bun-toons titles, all at once!

Ty, ever eager to poke the hands that feed him, comments in his own way on the new DCU line-up. This was last weeks bun-toon, Check out the other 44, & he's sure to have a new one up this week @ tytempletonart.wordpress.com

FREAKANGELS: EPISODE 0137. By Warren Ellis and illustrated by Paul Duffield

FREAKANGELS: EPISODE 0137. By Warren Ellis and illustrated by Paul Duffield

Long running and fascinating, Freak angels is coming to a close soon, with the whole thing coming in at an astounding 864 pages.
This is the start of episode 137 of 144, good as any place to start with the more recent updates eh?
freakangels.com

Videodrome

Videodrome

"Yammering on about how I go beyond mere fanboydom for David Cronenberg's "Videodrome" (1983) wallowing into shakier territory."

Miss You by Hope Larson

Miss You by Hope Larson

The first three rows of a new, rare autobiographical comic by Hope, posted on her google+ streem [not sure if everyone can read that, i think it's a public posting but let me know]. She seems to have had fun with it, possibly, if the bug has stuck, we can hope the first of a new series! - Find Hope online here, hopelarson.com & here @ twitter

Balonely by Ryan Pequin

Balonely by Ryan Pequin

Balonely! Awwww. BC boy Ryan thrives on the challenge of other cartoonists! He's got many funny outcomes from this competitive nature posted on his webcomic site Three Word Phrase.

Smudge page 2 by Draw

Smudge page 2 by Draw

~click on the art to read the comics!~

An interesting abstract comic from Drawing Silence by a New Zealand artist working under the pen name Draw. Thanks to Dylan for pointing this work out to me.

signing at TCAF Joanne and Wes

signing at TCAF Joanne and Wes

03

03

Brown Recluse Spider Man!

Brown Recluse Spider Man!

Kate is great! and so is Spider Man hiding in a crack, Love. The rest of this strip, and all that is great Kate is here @ www.harkavagrant.com

The Abominable Charles Christopher By Karl Kerschl

The Abominable Charles Christopher By Karl Kerschl

Fellow TX alumni Karl Kerschl is also up for a Shuster for The Abominable Charles Christopher. Having a new baby has not really slowed him down much - happy first fathers day Karl!
His comic has been posting every wednesday @ tacc.txcomics.com

Reviewing Child Bride

Reviewing Child Bride

"About how reviewing the movie "Child Bride" (1938) made me nervous."

A page of Jim Cameron's Diary Comics

A page of Jim Cameron's Diary Comics

Found this via 'Better, Drawn', a tumbler blog dedicated to comics drawn by people with a story to tell about living with long-term mental and physical illnesses. You can read several of his comics on his site here on his site.

Sacred Heart. Highschoolers in unholy land by Liz Suburbia

Sacred Heart. Highschoolers in unholy land by Liz Suburbia

Just found this amazing comic via comixcube, by Liz Suburbia. She spends her days working at a comic book store and the exposure and acquired knowledge of comix art shows. Well worth reading the story, and she has other sites, here and here to start.

Hark a Vagrant. by Kate Beaton.

Hark a Vagrant. by Kate Beaton.

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Kate is still one of the sharpest wits in webcomcis, her latest here, Julius Caesar Part One on Hark a Vagrant. One could go on but so much has been said already. She's at the MoCCA Festival in NY this weekend with a lot of these people. Go give her our love from Canada.

TCAF presentation with Joanne Hui and Michael

TCAF presentation with Joanne Hui and Michael

04

04

Dakota McFadzean's Dailies!

Dakota McFadzean's Dailies!

I would have wanted to keep him too! Daily cartoons from Dakota can be yours @ blog.dakotamcfadzean.com

Smooth 'n' Natural By Brian McLachlan

Smooth 'n' Natural By Brian McLachlan

One of the other TX crew keeping the flame burring Brian McLachlan. He posts both his comics pretty regular like, The Princess Planet, and Smooth 'n' Natural - seen here.
And Brian is soon to be a Dad too!
The Princess Planet Smooth 'n' Natural

Kid Kong

Kid Kong

"Did knowing how King Kong was done make me feel like I was carrying around priveleged information?"

July 10th by Gabrielle Bell

July 10th by Gabrielle Bell

Always interesting, Gabrielle is the classic observational comic, just done deadpan kind of. This one is about her walk to yoga class one day recently. For all your Gabriel goodness go to gabriellebell.com

Shaenon K. Garrity's imagining of Star Trek fan Edward Gorey's take on the trouble with tribbles!

Shaenon K. Garrity's imagining of Star Trek fan Edward Gorey's take on the trouble with tribbles!

This is from 2007 but I just came across it today, really well done short strip posted on her LJ page. Check out the link for the full story. She did the whole episode! FYI Shaenon is the creator of the strip Skin Horse.

Metaphysical Neuroma by Attila Adorjany

Metaphysical Neuroma by Attila Adorjany

~click on the art to read the comics!~

More strangeness from Attila on Metaphysical Neuroma. Brrrring! Bring. Brrrrrrriiiinnnng! Bring.

TCAF presentation with Joanne Hui and Michael.

TCAF presentation with Joanne Hui and Michael.

05

05

Some steamy adult fun by Dylan Horrocks on The Magic Pen!

Some steamy adult fun by Dylan Horrocks on The Magic Pen!

Sam Zable one-ups Kirk, with a whole harem of Green babes. This is all we can show here, catch the rest @ hicksvillecomics.com/magicpen/

Gingerbread Girl by Colleen Coover and Paul Tobin

Gingerbread Girl by Colleen Coover and Paul Tobin

Gingerbread Girl on topshelfcomix.com, by Colleen Coover and Paul Tobin looks pretty good, once I get this posted I'm going to go give it a proper read through...
Gingerbread Girl

Dad's army guys

Dad's army guys

"Some WW2-era art my father was doing while he was writing & drawing for Wow Comics."

Twit, Finches see birds

Twit, Finches see birds

Twit! based on J.Torres' twitter stream. Drawn by Eric Kim. Cute idea, so far it's run for a month!

Always a Plane by Dustin Harbin

Always a Plane by Dustin Harbin

This is a excellent comic by Dustin i came across browsing through G+ this week. Very Poetic, and may be available as a print I think! it would make a good one.

The Protagonist by Juan Santapau

The Protagonist by Juan Santapau

~click on the art to read the comics!~

The Protagonist is the latest lovely short story from Juan Santapau on his amazing site The secret knots.

presentation at TCAF with Joanne Hui and Michael, Rupert Bottenberg moderated.

presentation at TCAF with Joanne Hui and Michael, Rupert Bottenberg moderated.

06

06

Kill all monsters!

Kill all monsters!

Kill all monsters is taking a break for a bit with a clif hanger, go catch up so your're read when it starts @ killallmonsters.com!

Adventures of the Floating Elephant By Tim Hamilton

Adventures of the Floating Elephant By Tim Hamilton

Over on act-i-vate.com Adventures of the Floating Elephant is a comic I've mentioned before. Amazing art by Tim, well worth a read.
Adventures of the Floating Elephant

Dark Science by Aaron Diaz

Dark Science by Aaron Diaz

Dark Science on the site Dresden Codak looks epic, i've not sat down to read it yet but hope to do so soon.

Feminist Fairy Godmother by Tom Gauld

Feminist Fairy Godmother by Tom Gauld

Just stumbled into Tom's work, very nice stuff, very smart and clean. His work is published in the Guardian Saturday comics section [uk].

Bucko Chapter 1 by Jeff Parker and Erika Moen

Bucko Chapter 1 by Jeff Parker and Erika Moen

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Bucko is the latest comic from Erika Moen of DAR! fame with collaborator Jeff Parker, a major player in the mainstream comics scene with too many impressive credits to mention here. The first 21 pages are all online now, completing chapter one of the story! They got it done in 2 months! Good job.

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

07

07

SAINTS And SINNERS by Rich Woodall and Jason Copland!

SAINTS And SINNERS by Rich Woodall and Jason Copland!

A hunting we shale go, with a demon in toe? More monsters drawn by Jason Copland @ tales.perhapanauts.com

Now It Can Be Told! By Scott Shaw

Now It Can Be Told! By Scott Shaw

Now It Can Be Told! is a fun strip by a comic's insider - Some of the stories are biographical but some also cross over into comics industry stuff. This one is about how Jim Shooter helped Scott ruin Vince Colletta's career, though being the worst inker in an era may have had something to do with it. Good fun read and you'll learn some comics publishing his tory now and then too.
Now It Can Be Told!

Ryan A's newest comic, Our Bloodstained Roof

Ryan A's newest comic, Our Bloodstained Roof

A great short story by Ryan A, just posted June 1st. Really nice wash work, and elegant story. Ryan was inspired by seeing some dead birds a few months ago while living in Japan, with blood so red it looked fake.

OYSTER WAR by Ben Towle

OYSTER WAR by Ben Towle

OYSTER WAR is Ben Towle's current graphic novel in the works/webcomic. Start reading it here, and find more about Ben here. He's a very interesting cartoonist.

Octopus Pie by Meredith Gran

Octopus Pie by Meredith Gran

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Octopus Pie by Meredith Gran is a fun angsty youth oriented story, really great art and a huge following, but if you have not read it do yourself the favor. It takes a few pages to get into the story, but it's worth it.

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

08

08

Delilah Dirk by Tony Cliff!

Delilah Dirk by Tony Cliff!

A truly stunning comic by Tony Cliff, The Turkish Lieutenant is well worth a long leisurely read @ delilahdirk.com

Mortimer the Slug by Kyp Harness

Mortimer the Slug by Kyp Harness

Our favourite sulking slug, Mortimer, just can't catch a brake. After a brief hiatus due to technical problems Kyp is back at it with regular updates. This strip marks the start of a new storyline...
Mortimer the Slug

Sixteen Miles to Merricks by Barnaby Ward

Sixteen Miles to Merricks by Barnaby Ward

What's this? A whole beautifully drawn book free to read on-line? What is it about? - newsarama says... "A man enters an apartment (we assume it’s his, though we’re never quite sure) and finds a strange woman there. She leads him to a storage room which connects to a narrow but lengthy series of hallways. The girl is agitated and fearful. The man is condescending and a bit irritated (though when confronted he has trouble doing things like remembering his name). And it’s at this point t hat the water starts coming." - Chris Mautner. Well, I'm intrigued! This looks to be a really good. Drawn and written by Barnaby Ward.

The Magicpen By Dylan Horrocks

The Magicpen By Dylan Horrocks

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Things get steamy on The Magicpen By Dylan Horrocks! NSFW if your boss is the stuffy type! On the other-hand if he's not, then send him this link! Dylan is a well known fan of fun smut, so this should be a larf. :)

Michael's books on display at the GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Michael's books on display at the GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

09

09

Dream Life page 71!

Dream Life page 71!

My own comic, back to weekly posts! Dan and Leslie, off to get into some trouble @ dl.txcomics.com

LIVES OF BIRDS :: SOCIAL ANXIETY By Dustin Harbin

LIVES OF BIRDS :: SOCIAL ANXIETY By Dustin Harbin

Dustin is a treasure. A tall funny looking talented treasure. Not sure what the Lives of Birds is, new series or a one off, but it's a cute one. Read the rest on his site.
dharbin.com

Cool Hairdo from Feral Pizza, by Phil McAndrew

Cool Hairdo from Feral Pizza, by Phil McAndrew

Feral Pizza is one of several comics Phil has up on his site, you could spend a lot of time reading them I bet. Lets find out, got a stop watch handy? OK, go now.

The Machinators by by Jeff Bent

The Machinators by by Jeff Bent

We mentioned The Machinators in an earlier post, back in March. The comic has progressed a ways since then! Check it out. His stuff reminds me of early Bernie Mireault.

Kill All Monsters!

Kill All Monsters!

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Mentioned this one in my last post, very fun action adventure comics by Michael May, drawn by Jason Copland and lettered by our own Ed Brisson.

Prints of 'gutters' at the GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Prints of 'gutters' at the GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

10

10

And Pin City Pg2 on RevolveЯ!

And Pin City Pg2 on RevolveЯ!

On RevolveЯ i'm posting an old short Sci-fi piece I did with some updated scripting and new lettering @ revolver.salgoodsam.com

Cat and Girl By Dorothy Gambrell

Cat and Girl By Dorothy Gambrell

Dorothy Gambrell is a great cartoonist, and also an interesting trail blazer for anyone making comics on-line, for her detailed public disclosure of how she does business and what she makes doing it. The comics are great too, read the rest of this story here. But if you make comics, also check out this section of her site too.
catandgirl.com

Sheer Luck by Ty Templeton

Sheer Luck by Ty Templeton

Ty has a Sherlock Homes strip up for his latest Bun Toones, to help promote Home's Inc, a collection that The Toronto Cartoonists Workshop puts out once a year, featuring the work of former students, ready to show off their wares and impress the world of comics with their skills. You can grab it as a free digital comic from this site here.

Dream Life page 76

Dream Life page 76

Gary Greenburg's travel's just begun, but a stop at the border holds the promise of some care and comfort. The latest page in my own ongoing Graphic Novel/webcomic Dream Life is live today too. http://www.dl.txcomics.com/2011/07/23/page-76-back-at-the-boarder/ http://www.dl.txcomics.com/

Lilly Mackenzie & The Tresure of Paros

Lilly Mackenzie & The Tresure of Paros

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Very cool art and adventure stories by Simon Fraser on Act-I-Vate. The new Lilly Mackenzie is well on it's way and into chapter 2. Looks really good, I love coming to a comic with a whole lot of story posted I can catch up with.

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

11

11

Pictures for Sad Children By John Campbell

Pictures for Sad Children By John Campbell

I bookmarked Pictures for Sad Children a little while ago, it's one of those comic strips i check erratically but tend to always enjoy. Started in 2007 the comic follows on the adventures of a ghost named Paul. A good dark laugh now and then. Read this rest of this instalment here.
picturesforsadchildren.com

Stand-up by Matt Forsythe.

Stand-up by Matt Forsythe.

Matt Forsythe has a fun strip up called Stand-up, basically about how cartoonists get no respect from old clerks. Cus' we're, like, cool to everyone else now right? Right?

Pin City Page 6

Pin City Page 6

And the final page for my short story Pin City is also up on RevolveЯ. Bonus: check out this gallery of development art for this story and the larger arc of Bliss, for which it's a prelude. That's all for this weekend, see you next time in the funny pixels!

Adventures of the Floating Eliphant by Tim Hamilton

Adventures of the Floating Eliphant by Tim Hamilton

~click on the art to read the comics!~

This masterfully drawn, chiaroscuro and surreal story looks very promising. Another one of the more prolific act-i-vate crew! Page count is into the 90s. Can't wait to dig in.

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

12

12

Pin City By Salgood Sam

Pin City By Salgood Sam

Ok, so now mine. Have a new page of Pin City up on RevolveЯ today, this one has never been seen in colour as I just did them last night. Planning to publish a POD edition of RevolveЯ via magcloud shortly, it's going to be cool to see this story in that.
Salgood Sam's RevolveЯ

Dream Life page 75 by Salgood Sam

Dream Life page 75 by Salgood Sam

The latest page of my own ongoing graphic novel / web comic Dream Life | a late coming of age. Recently nominated for a Schuster! This page concludes a fun rant about Embracing the Machine, it starts here.

FreakAngels by Warren Ellis & Paul Duffield.

FreakAngels by Warren Ellis & Paul Duffield.

~click on the art to read the comics!~

FreakAngels by Warren Ellis & Paul Duffield is one of the more interesting webcomics out there. I have some catching up to do, lots of story here. Five volumes in print now and up to EPISODE 0131 online.

Michael giving a talk at the GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Michael giving a talk at the GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

13

13

Dream Life By Salgood Sam

Dream Life By Salgood Sam

And rounding us out, my Shuster nominated comic, Dream Life. Read the rest of Page 72 here - as it happens, well timed for Father's day tomorrow.
Dream Life

PIN CITY by Salgood Sam

PIN CITY by Salgood Sam

This is the second last page in a short story I did a while back but re-coloured and lettered and edited a bit. It's part of a larger canvass I'd like to tackle once Dream Life is done.

Dream Life by me, Salgood Sam.

Dream Life by me, Salgood Sam.

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Dream life 69, a wordless one. Some of my favorite pages are. PJ finds a place to rest up, catch her breath.

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

14

14

Cartoon diary jam page by Joe Matt and Bernie Mireault 1988

Cartoon diary jam page by Joe Matt and Bernie Mireault 1988

Here's a trip in the wayback machine care of comics historian and pod cast personalty Phil Jackson. This comic is Jam between then roommates Joe Matt and Bernie Mireault, published in Peepshow, but not in the collections. Bit of history.

The rise and fall of it all by John O’Brien and Salgood Sam

The rise and fall of it all by John O’Brien and Salgood Sam

~click on the art to read the comics!~

Our first good look at Elmo, the other main character in The rise and fall of it all.

That's it for this week!

Click on the first or one of the other thumbnails bellow, to start the slide show up again from any point.

Cheers!
Max aka Salgood Sam

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

15

15

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

Speaking of history, this three page comic is strait out of it. I just created an archive of our old posts and other material about the infamous Canadian letters hack The Mad Maple, TM. Maple, aka Jim Burke. Russ Maheras did this fan fiction strip a while back staring TM, and I added it to our archive. Here is the full strip for your reading pleasure with a few words from Russ about it...

Michael with Joanne, GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Michael with Joanne, GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

16

16

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

Russ Maheras: Yeah, I met T.M. Maple, aka Jim Burke, at the 1988 Chicago Comicon. I did a “fan-fiction” strip of T.M., before he lifted his veil of anonymity, with his full blessing....

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

GENDAI GALLERY, Japanese CCC Toronto

Views of Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas' exhibit there, 4 Garamond Court Toronto May 7- June 26th 2011.

13.0.0.0.0 1

13.0.0.0.0 1

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

...That was the way we initially met — via the mail. I sent him the script and got his approval first. The strip, called, “The Secret of T.M. Maple,” was featured in the ‘zine “It’s A Fanzine” #39, published by long-time Iowan comics fan Gene Kehoe in 1987. Jim was a super guy, and although he’s gone, he’s certainly not forgotten. Posted originally by Russ on the TCJ boards: Mon Dec 11, 2006

13.0.0.0.0 2

13.0.0.0.0 2

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

The Secret of TM Maple by Russ Maheras

Great little strip, read more from Russ and others about TM here. That's all our comics for this week, keep your eyes peeled for more soon.

13.0.0.0.0 4

13.0.0.0.0 4

13.0.0.0.0 3

13.0.0.0.0 3

page01tuanengweb

page01tuanengweb

page02tuanweb

page02tuanweb

page03tuanweb

page03tuanweb

page04tuanweb

page04tuanweb

page05tuanweb

page05tuanweb

page06tuanweb

page06tuanweb

page07tuanweb

page07tuanweb

page08tuanweb

page08tuanweb

page09tuanengweb

page09tuanengweb

page10tuanengweb

page10tuanengweb

You may view the latest post at
http://sequential.spiltink.org/?p=9105

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
Best regards,
Max
sal....@gmail.com