Does Semantic-UI define base fonts and page margins?

Alexander Karelas

Oct 26, 2013, 8:57:35 PM10/26/13
to seman...@googlegroups.com
I referred to the .js and the .css from the /packaged directory of semantic-ui 0.8 in my index.html, and I'm having problems with my site's appearance.

More specifically, the fonts are large and serif, just like the default Firefox fonts, when no font style has been applied. Do I have to define the font style myself, in my own CSS file?

And another question: I can't figure out how to set my page's width to something smaller than the 1920px that are on my screen. I'd like something like 1000px, how do I do that?

Thanks,

- Alex

Alexander Karelas

Oct 26, 2013, 8:59:53 PM10/26/13
to seman...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I just saw that this board is only for the development, not usage, of Semantic.

But answers are welcome anyway :-)

Jack Lukic

Oct 26, 2013, 9:02:40 PM10/26/13
to Alexander Karelas, seman...@googlegroups.com
Semantic doesnt add any font size settings.

For ems to work correctly you should set a base font size to a value
html, body { font-size: 15px; } is what semantic-ui.com uses.

When build tools are added to semantic-ui.com this may be part of the package creation, along with choosing a font-family, but it is not currently ready.

Use a page grid for site content

Or just define any arbitrary container with margin auto, and sit a grid inside of it, if you dont want the container to be automatically responsive.