How to setup Selenium Grid.

subbu

Feb 18, 2012, 3:55:32 AM2/18/12
to Selenium Users
Hi,

Please help me how to setup Selenium Grid for my selenes.

Jayaraman - Inspired to become Software Architect

Feb 19, 2012, 11:59:24 PM2/19/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Please have the look on this link.

Hope, this will be helpful.

-Jay!!

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM, subbu <subbup...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please help me how to setup Selenium Grid for my selenes.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Feb 20, 2012, 12:20:16 AM2/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
The below link talks about Grid1. Grid1 is no longer being actively supported.

Grid2 would be the future way to go.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Jayaraman - Inspired to become Software Architect

Feb 20, 2012, 1:17:11 AM2/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Krishnan for helping me to know the latest updates on Selenium Grid.

Could be plz share any blogs/wiki page which states the difference b/w Grid1 and Grid2?

Thanks,
Jay!!

Subbarao

Feb 20, 2012, 1:21:37 AM2/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jayraman for your kind support.

Please share if u have any updates on this.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Jayaraman - Inspired to become Software Architect <electri...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Thank you
P. Subba Rao.

Subbarao

Feb 20, 2012, 1:22:19 AM2/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Krishna for your kind support.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Krishnan Mahadevan <krishnan.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Krishnan Mahadevan

Feb 20, 2012, 1:22:57 AM2/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I don't know of any blogs/wiki page that provides this information. Here's what I know:

But if you do know Grid1 as a user, the moment you start working with Grid2, the differences would be evident.

Some of them include :

  1. Grid1 works with an ant build file. Grid2 works as a standalone jar.
  2. Grid1 does not support proxy injection into it nor does it support additional servlets injection, both of which are supported by Grid2, there by leading to more customization of Grid2 per user needs.
  3. Grid1 identifies nodes, based on the environment parameter, Grid2 uses Platform, Browser name and browser version to narrow down on what node is to be used.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Jayaraman - Inspired to become Software Architect

Feb 20, 2012, 4:08:46 AM2/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Krishnan for listing out the differences..

-Jay!!