Hide the IEDriver command window

Jurn van Mieghem

Feb 25, 2014, 6:28:25 AM2/25/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I am working on a test with selenium webdriver in C#. However when I start the the InternetExplorerDriver a popup appears with the command window for iewebdriver.
For the code I use:

InternetExplorerOptions ieOption = new InternetExplorerOptions();
ieOption
.IntroduceInstabilityByIgnoringProtectedModeSettings = true;
InternetExplorerDriverService service = InternetExplorerDriverService.CreateDefaultService();
service.SuppressInitialDiagnosticInformation = true;

IWebDriver driver = new InternetExplorerDriver(service, ieOption);

Is there a way (by Selenium or .net) to hide this command window?

Thanks in advance

Jim Evans

Feb 25, 2014, 4:40:26 PM2/25/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Not until 2.40.0 of the .NET bindings. In 2.40.0, you can use the HideCommandPromptWindow property of the InternetExplorerDriverService object. It's highly recommended not to do this, so that it's easy to debug zombie IEDriverServer.exe processes when your WebDriver code exits unexpectedly.

Jurn van Mieghem

Mar 6, 2014, 4:24:17 AM3/6/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much
I did not know this was introduced in 2.40.0