runtime error

Monah Baki

Feb 25, 2019, 8:00:52 AM2/25/19
to security-onion
Morning all,

when I issue sudo sostat-redacted I get the following output
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=14): Divide by zero
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=14): Divide by zero
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=14): Divide by zero
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=14): Divide by zero
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=14): Divide by zero
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=14): Divide by zero

followed by the normal sostat-redacted output. Should I be worried about the runtime error?

Thanks
Monah

Wes Lambert

Feb 25, 2019, 8:07:36 AM2/25/19
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Monah,

I believe that is an artifact of the arithmetic/bc usage in sostat to calculate packet stats.  At the time sostat was run, counts may not have been available, or may have been set to zero.

This is more of a cosmetic issue, but we should probably try to implement better error handling for the future.

I've created an issue for this, so we can track it and provide better handling of this in the future.

Thanks,
Wes

--
Follow Security Onion on Twitter!