Testers wanted! Our new Kibana multi tenancy module for ES/KI 5.2.2 has arrived as first beta!

Jochen Kressin

Mar 15, 2017, 9:25:23 AM3/15/17
to Search Guard
Hi everyone,

we're super happy to announce that we just released the first beta version of our brand new Kibana multitenancy module.

This module adds true multitenancy support to Kibana, which means that you can now enjoy separation of all saved objects like Dashboards, Visualizations and Saved Searches based on the user's role(s).

For each Search Guard role, you can define an arbitrary number of so-called tenants. A tenant is a named container for saved objects, and users can have either read-write or read-only access to them. On Kibana side, you simply choose the tenant you want to work with from a list of accessible tenants, and Search Guard makes sure that all objects are placed in the correct tenant. We also introduced two default tenants, Global and Private, that each user has access to. The Global tenant is shared with everyone, while the Private tenant is shared with no one.

We're looking for your help in testing this new module! We've released the first beta for ES 5.2.2 and Kibana 5.2.2, alongside with a beta version of Search Guard that supports the new module.

The module itself can be found here:

The installation and configuration instructions can be found here:

Please give it a try, and report all bugs and issues on our github issue tracker:

Meanwhile, here's a first screenshot to wet your appetite (click for original size):

Thanks for your help!

Jochen and the Search Guard team

Search Guard (®) is an Elasticsearch plugin that offers encryption, authentication, and authorization.
It builds on Search Guard SSL and provides pluggable auth/auth modules in addition.

Search Guard is a trademark of floragunn GmbH, registered in the U.S. and in other countries.
Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are trademarks of Elasticsearch BV, registered in the U.S. and in other countries.
floragunn GmbH is not affiliated with Elasticsearch BV.

Fabien Wernli

Mar 15, 2017, 9:47:14 AM3/15/17
to Search Guard
That's awesome thanks a bunch for this!

Yasvanth Babu

Mar 27, 2017, 8:37:16 AM3/27/17
to Search Guard
Hi,
Good news multitenancy in kibana. I have checked the documentation, should I just place the multitenancy plugin .jar in all nodes or can install new SG in all ES nodes?

Aleksandr Tuniev

Mar 30, 2017, 9:56:19 AM3/30/17
to Search Guard
Hi, great job!,
Have a question is there any  possibility to set "default" tenant ?