Eventbrite scraper library

Thomas Levine

Jan 4, 2012, 2:07:43 PM1/4/12
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
Scrape Eventbrite attendee lists in two lines.

Tom

Francis Irving

Jan 19, 2012, 8:31:09 PM1/19/12
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
Fancy writing a blog post about it?

Alexander Harrowell

Jan 20, 2012, 5:54:27 AM1/20/12
to scrap...@googlegroups.com

That's Eventbrite - do you think it would be worth doing an example scraper for Amiando-powered event sites? I happen to have a script tucked away that implements such a thing.

--

The only thing worse than e-mail disclaimers...is people who send e-mail to lists complaining about them

signature.asc

Thomas Levine

Jan 20, 2012, 9:35:29 AM1/20/12
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
Francis, I actually started writing a blog post about it. I guess I'll keep going on that.

Alexander, it sounds like you think such scraper would be worthwhile, so I suspect that such a scraper would be worthwhile. Care to retrieve the script you have tucked away?

Thomas!

Alexander Harrowell

Jan 20, 2012, 9:46:43 AM1/20/12
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Thomas Levine <tho...@scraperwiki.com> wrote:
Francis, I actually started writing a blog post about it. I guess I'll keep going on that.

Alexander, it sounds like you think such scraper would be worthwhile, so I suspect that such a scraper would be worthwhile. Care to retrieve the script you have tucked away?

I'll make an example scraper.

Alexander Harrowell

Jan 23, 2012, 5:53:57 AM1/23/12
to scrap...@googlegroups.com

On Friday 20 Jan 2012 14:35:29 Thomas Levine wrote:

> Francis, I actually started writing a blog post about it. I guess I'll keep going on that.

> Alexander, it sounds like you think such scraper would be worthwhile, so I suspect that such a scraper would be worthwhile. Care to retrieve the script you have tucked away?

https://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/amiando_events_example_scraper/

Weird context-dependent pseudo-ajax that returns different results depending on where on the page you call the same URI from...

> Thomas!

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Alexander Harrowell

> <a.har...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > **

signature.asc

ryan

Jan 23, 2012, 2:54:30 PM1/23/12
to ScraperWiki
Nice job, guys!
Let me know if you have any questions about the content available on
those pages.
The content fields that are displayed there are will definitely vary
depending on what the event owner wants to collect, and make public.

Since this information is publicly accessible, Eventbrite has made it
available via their API as well - with no auth required!
See http://developer.eventbrite.com/doc/events/event_list_attendees/

I put a jsfiddle example up here: http://jsfiddle.net/uc5W4/
The API may offer a more reliably structured format for this
information.

Let me know if you end up with a blog post that I can link to.
Best,
--Ryan Jarvinen
@ryanj / @EventbriteAPI
http://developer.eventbrite.com