reminder: Ashley Colby Webinar this Monday Oct 26

1 view

Ashley Colby

Oct 23, 2020, 10:14:57 AM10/23/20
to SCORAI Group
Hi SCORAI!

Just a reminder my upcoming SCORAI webinar about my book will take place this upcoming Monday October 26 at 10 am Eastern.

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

Ashley Colby (Subsistence Agriculture in the US: Reconnecting to Work, Nature and Community @Rizoma Field School)

When: October 26, 2020 10:00 am Eastern time (US and Canada)

Topic: SCORAI Webinar Series:  Sustainable Consumption and Lifestyles

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://asu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8pTd6vyZQzubg3yf4v20Rg

Subsistence Agriculture in the US: Reconnecting to Work, Nature and Community

You can find it here:

or

This book is hope in dark times. All the creativity, innovation and solidarity that can come out of crisis is explained here in this book, which focuses on subsistence food producers in Chicago. These people sense crisis, and they act. They find surprising connection with others -- people they wouldn't normally talk to. They get their hands dirty. They see biodiversity return to their backyards. And they find ways to make do, and to mobilize, when the failures of late capitalism reach their doorstep (or sometimes before). In this book, you will see a blueprint for future action: get involved in a practical activity that connects you to the means of your existence, make community around that action, mobilize politically, and make new economies.

If you're not so sure about the book, dip your toe in the water by signing up for and attending my upcoming webinar (spots limited to 100!). I will lay out some of the arguments of the book and spend most of the time in dialogue with attendees.

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

Ashley Colby (Subsistence Agriculture in the US: Reconnecting to Work, Nature and Community @Rizoma Field School)

When: October 26, 2020 10:00 am Eastern time (US and Canada)

Topic: SCORAI Webinar Series:  Sustainable Consumption and Lifestyles

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://asu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8pTd6vyZQzubg3yf4v20Rg

Feel free to share in your networks!

Ashley

Ashley Colby Fitzgerald

ash...@rizomafieldschool.com

PhD, Environmental Sociology

Co-founder Rizoma Field School

Colonia, Uruguay

My book: Subsistence Agriculture in the US

Confidentiality Notice: This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Ashley Colby. Neither this document nor any of the information contained herein may be reproduced or disclosed under any circumstances without the express written permission of Ashley Colby. Please be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.