Please do send us your review articles at Energy Research & Social Science

Benjamin Sovacool

Sep 13, 2019, 10:36:33 AM9/13/19
to EA...@jiscmail.ac.uk, AE...@listserv.ursinus.edu, climate-rese...@googlegroups.com, been_ann...@googlegroups.com, ecomi...@yahoogroups.com, gep...@googlegroups.com, Ecopolitics, energy...@googlegroups.com, pesoe...@listserv.utep.edu, ENERGY...@jiscmail.ac.uk, ENVI...@listserv.neu.edu, Nuclear...@googlegroups.com, sco...@googlegroups.com, strn-m...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

As many of you know, I edit Energy Research & Social Science along with an awesome team of Kirsten Jenkins the managing editor, six associate editors and an even larger, and equally wonderful, community of authors and reviewers.  Although we publish original research articles and perspectives, our two most popular types, we also publish review articles.

These, however, for whatever reason are not submitted with equal consistency or persistency as the other article types.  Here is how we describe the three:

                     Original research articles (generally between 6,000 and 10,000 words, including references): Research articles generally do something new or novel, whether it's to fill a research gap, address a puzzle, propose a new theory, tighten a concept, or draw from new data such as interviews or field research.

                     Perspectives (generally 2,000 to 5,000 words): Unlike full-length research articles, Perspectives are shorter, opinion-like pieces on a recent topic of interest. They are intended to present the results of small pilot studies, introduce or critique new concepts (to the field of energy studies), commemorate an event or breakthrough, or mark something significant in current affairs.

                     Review essays (8,000 to 12,000 words): Review articles generally do not produce new research. Instead, they scour existing peer-reviewed or even popular literature, have many references, and try to tease out major themes for those unfamiliar with a particular technology, topic, or field.

In that vein, if you have a good review article you were thinking of—including a critical review, interdisciplinary review, systematic review, meta-analysis, theoretical review, or even just a well-done narrative review—please do consider sending it to us. As long as it’s on the topic of energy and society—broadly interpreted to also include mobility, climate, buildings, electricity, and even water and agriculture in some contexts—we would love to consider it.

Sincerely,

Benjamin K. Sovacool

Editor-in-Chief

Energy Research & Social Science